The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"When Two Hands Crisscross..."

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Aeir / Number III

Aeir / Number III

"When Two Hands Crisscross..." Empty
PostSubject: "When Two Hands Crisscross..."   "When Two Hands Crisscross..." Empty2014-10-26, 1:20 am

Nao Mariota Pryderi had something on her mind, as of late. It had haunted her and nagged at her thoughts, ever since she visited Seimei on her birthday a week ago. And that was that... the girl had forgotten her birthday. She was surprised to see Nao. She had been genuinely, completely and utterly shocked that Nao had visited her. And it had occurred to Nao that, though she'd laughed it off, wished Seimei well, and give her her gift so many times now... The same thing had happened every time, for a long time now. Ever since Seimei's other two friends had left. She had asked why it was so surprising, this time, instead of simply moving on. The answer had simply been, "Because... I'm alone."

And so it was that Nao realized that - over the passage of time as more and more Milletians were born - she'd forgotten to tend to those older. She asked Seimei about herself and done her best to learn the girl's story, and an idea wormed its way into her mind. It had only been ten years in Erinn since Seimei's incarnation as a Milletian, though time seemed to flow so slowly here. The friends Seimei had talked about - her life in her home world - might still be there for her to claim.

But Nao lacked the power to send her there... so she had been mulling over the conundrum over this past week and finally had an idea.

She'd noticed that each Milletian she reincarnated had a unique flair to their Aura and Seimei was no exception. Furthermore, this multiple Milletians from the same world - which had happened, albeit rarely - had the same flair. So she hypothesized that it could be used to identify an aura from that world... and so Nao found herself looking beyond the Void for once, though she kept her attention on it in case a soul were to be lost, and searched for an Aura like Seimei's.

It took her another week, but she found what she was looking for. Two, in fact. Peculiarly, they were surrounded by 'different' Auras, and no matter how hard she looked she couldn't find any others anywhere in sight. It was a long shot, but she decided to gamble that these signatures were Seimei's friends. If the girl got into trouble, or needed to return, she need only ask Nao - because that was something she could do. And it wasn't like there was much of anything that could hurt a Milletian anyway.

So affirmed, Nao reached out delicately with her 'presence' and... tapped that world. Almost like a knock, really. She would gently try and gain notice by a being of power on that end and, if they were willing, ask them to open a bridge for Seimei if it were possible. If it ended up being impossible... well, she hadn't told Seimei what she was doing for a reason. But she had to try.

Now that she had 'knocked,' Nao waited and hoped for a reply.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: "When Two Hands Crisscross..."   "When Two Hands Crisscross..." Empty2014-10-26, 1:33 am

"...Well... things are rather busy lately..." There was so much going on in the multiverse that required her attention these days. Most recently, this situation with the Fabricated World. And ever more people from other multiverses were popping up, but now she could feel someone.... well, the best word for it was 'knocking'. Probing the boundary of her domain, but carefully, as if trying to get attention. Odd. Stranger still was that the energy was somewhat familiar, yet completely alien to her. She was sure she'd never met whatever this was, yet there was something about it that was familiar to her. Reaching out, she brought her own consciousness to the 'edge' of her domain, and touched that presence she sensed. Instantly, she could tell it was a person, divine in nature if not a divine being, and... well, that was strange. The 'connection' allowed the two to see each other in their minds, and she blurted out the first thing that came to mind.

"Nao? What are you doing outside of Meus Carus?"
Back to top Go down
Aeir / Number III

Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: "When Two Hands Crisscross..."   "When Two Hands Crisscross..." Empty2014-10-26, 1:43 am

The minor goddess blinked in shocked response. Whatever she had expected should her 'call' be answered... this was... not it. The goddess who had responded - and there was no doubting that title; she had more presence than Morrighan - didn't remind her particularly of anyone. She didn't recall meeting her at any point in the past, and with Divinity like that, Nao was certain she would have remembered. At last, however, Nao's body caught up to her mind and she spoke one word, voice full of confusion, "Pardon? Have we... met?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: "When Two Hands Crisscross..."   "When Two Hands Crisscross..." Empty2014-10-26, 1:50 am

Anya blinked... and then blushed a bit. "Ah.... sorry. You couldn't possibly be... I apologize. You just look like... my, you even have a similar feel to your energy..." She shook her head quickly. "Again, apologies... there is a goddess I know who.... quite frankly looks and sounds just like you... and has a similar presence... and it would seem you both are named Nao, based on your reaction. How strange... perhaps a bleed over effect, similar to Simon..." She realized she was rambling, and her blush deepened. "...Er... again, sorry..."
Back to top Go down
Aeir / Number III

Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: "When Two Hands Crisscross..."   "When Two Hands Crisscross..." Empty2014-10-26, 2:07 am

Nao blinked in confusion, before accepting the other goddess' words at face value. If there could be other worlds, it stood to reason there could be people that were remarkably similar to each other... though she wondered if this 'other' Nao was really quite so similar as it seemed at first glance. However, that was not her primary concern, here, "Well... you need not apologize. It is an understandable mistake, after all. But, I... called... for lack of a better term, for a purpose. Might I ask... oh, how to phrase this properly..." And with that, whatever was left of the 'elegant, demure persona' she typically wore was broken and Nao simply shrugged, "There is someone very dear to me who is... quite lonely, as I cannot afford her the time she deserves and there are no others about. I have reason to believe, however, that some of her friends from before she arrived where she is now may be within your realm. So... could she check?" It was perhaps the least formal way Nao could imagine doing this. No. Scratch that. She could have had Sebastian speak for her. He was one of her Milletians, and he was a very sweet man, so she loved him... but she could not deny he was... uncultured.

Last edited by Aeir / Number III on 2014-10-26, 2:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixing coloring.)
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: "When Two Hands Crisscross..."   "When Two Hands Crisscross..." Empty2014-10-26, 2:11 am

Anya paused at that, before smiling. "Well, I certainly understand the desire to help the people dear to you. What would you have me do?" Anya was perfectly willing to help, and she definitely understood loneliness.
Back to top Go down
Aeir / Number III

Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: "When Two Hands Crisscross..."   "When Two Hands Crisscross..." Empty2014-10-26, 2:15 am

Nao sighed in releif, and gave Anya a genuinely grateful smile. Though it was tempered by the fact that it had yet to be proven what she would ask was, in fact, possible, "It's simple. Well... not really, I don't think, but it's simple in theory. I cannot send her to your world. It is outside my power. I can only go to her, and bring her here. So... could you bring her there, to the place I sense them?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: "When Two Hands Crisscross..."   "When Two Hands Crisscross..." Empty2014-10-26, 2:18 am

Anya chuckled. "That would be fairly simple, yes. Though I can't promise I will bring her through until I've met her. I'm sure she's a good person, but I'll need to see for myself that she doesn't mean any harm before I bring her here."
Back to top Go down
Aeir / Number III

Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: "When Two Hands Crisscross..."   "When Two Hands Crisscross..." Empty2014-10-26, 2:20 am

Nao smiled, "I'm certain you won't find her wanting, but..." She gestured to an owl that had a scroll clasped in its talons, and it flew off into the sky before vanishing in a flash of light to parts unknown, "I've summoned her. Knowing her, she will be here momentarily."

Last edited by Aeir / Number III on 2014-10-26, 2:26 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixing typos.)
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: "When Two Hands Crisscross..."   "When Two Hands Crisscross..." Empty2014-10-26, 2:25 am

Anya just smiled at that, nodding. She was always happy to help people reunite with their loved ones. "I don't mind waiting. It's nice to meet people from outside my 'world'. It's comforting to know there is more out there, that Meus Carus isn't alone, as it were."
Back to top Go down
Aeir / Number III

Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: "When Two Hands Crisscross..."   "When Two Hands Crisscross..." Empty2014-10-26, 2:32 am

True to Nao's word, Anya had scarcely had time to finish speaking before a small girl in a simple lavender dress appeared, holding a pair of puppet control bars in front of her in a bizarre combat stance, her face bizarrely placid, with a tiny doll clutching a croquet mallet standing on her head and mirroring her movements, "Nao," She stated simply - an affirmation that she had answered Nao's call. Though, when she failed to see any threats, she lowered the control bars, "You called?"

"Seimei." The goddess returned, smiling gently, "there was no need for that. The Soul Stream is a safe place. I called you here because... there is someone I want you to meet." She indicated Anya's thought projection, prompting the girl to glance over to it and perform a picture-perfect bow.

"A pleasure. I am Iyoku Seimei." She stated, toneless as before, though there was a faint hint of curiosity in her eyes, along with confusion. Her head twitched just slightly, as if she was itching to turn to Nao and ask for elaboration, but too polite to do so.

Last edited by Aeir / Number III on 2014-10-26, 3:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: "When Two Hands Crisscross..."   "When Two Hands Crisscross..." Empty2014-10-26, 2:38 am

"It's very nice to meet you, Seimei." She paused, something nagging at the back of her mind. "...Ah. My name is Anya. I apologize, I... have a tendency to neglect to introduce myself... I was recently chastised for it by a young friend of mine. I apologize for not giving my name earlier, Nao."
Back to top Go down
Aeir / Number III

Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: "When Two Hands Crisscross..."   "When Two Hands Crisscross..." Empty2014-10-26, 2:58 am

The girl nodded, and turned to Nao when she started speaking, "I've called her - and you - hear because I wanted to ask her to do a very special favor for you, but she wanted to meet you first." Seimei stared, and Nao smiled somewhat sheepishly, "Well, that's why you're here." She glanced to Anya beseechingly.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: "When Two Hands Crisscross..."   "When Two Hands Crisscross..." Empty2014-10-26, 3:03 am

Anya chuckled a bit. "I just want to make sure that you are... well, a good person. That I don't have to worry about you hurting the people I care about. I suspect everything is fine, you certainly don't look like a bad person, or feel like one from what I sense. Plus, I somehow doubt that Nao would try to trick me. Probably because of that similarity..."
Back to top Go down
Aeir / Number III

Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: "When Two Hands Crisscross..."   "When Two Hands Crisscross..." Empty2014-10-26, 3:16 am

Seimei's implacable eyes swiveled about to face Anya, "A good... 'person?' I... how will you tell?" Her voice was as soft and toneless as ever, but a certain quiver of uncertainty made her stutter and trail over her words. A person. A Good person. What did it mean to be a good person? Was she a good person? She knew intellectually that she had been called such, but she didn't know - exactly - what it meant. What defined it? If only she knew, she could decide if it were true. She was unsure of herself, and it was something Nao seemed to sense as the goddess placed a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"Seimei is a good, sweet girl who's done so many things for the world and the people in it... I know this to be true. Don't worry yourself. You have nothing to fear."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: "When Two Hands Crisscross..."   "When Two Hands Crisscross..." Empty2014-10-26, 3:37 am

Anya was watching Seimei carefully through it all. Body language was telling, as was the fluctuation of her aura. "...I would have to agree, from what I can see. Nao, I'd be happy to do this for you and Seimei. Though... perhaps you should tell her what it is we will be doing, since I'm sure she's curious."
Back to top Go down
Aeir / Number III

Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: "When Two Hands Crisscross..."   "When Two Hands Crisscross..." Empty2014-10-26, 9:28 pm

"Of course," Nao nodded, turning to Seimei, "Well... I think I sensed some people from your world... on her world. I thought they might be your friends, so I asked her if she would take you there so you could search in person. I didn't tell you before now because I didn't want to get your hopes up only for them to be dashed. Morrighan's done that to you enough times, as is."

In response, the girl said nothing. Her expression didn't change, but the confusion and curiosity faded in place of... something else. Something more solid, "If they are not... I will return?"

Nao nodded, "If you wish to return at any time, I can summon you here. Though... I can't do the same for anyone else. I'm only allowed to interact with Milletians, you see. Morrighan would be... upset."

The girl revealed her first expression so far, then. She frowned. "Kage would crush her."

"I have no doubt she - and you - would give it your best," The goddess agreed before gesturing to Anya, "But, in the mean time, is there anything you need to collect?" When Seimei shook her head, Nao turned to face Anya, "Then...?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: "When Two Hands Crisscross..."   "When Two Hands Crisscross..." Empty2014-10-26, 9:34 pm

Anya found this rather surreal. Nao talking about Morrighan as if she were not the nicest of people... she knew this wasn't the Nao or Morrighan she knew, but it was still odd. "It's probably best if I simply open a bridge of sorts, and lend you a bit of my energy so you can send Seimei toward where you sense her friends to be. That way, it won't be quite as difficult, since Meus Carus is not a small place."
Back to top Go down
Aeir / Number III

Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: "When Two Hands Crisscross..."   "When Two Hands Crisscross..." Empty2014-10-26, 9:40 pm

"That seems like a sound idea," Nao agreed. It shouldn't be much difference than the method she used to create 'wax wings' such as the one Seimei had used to appear here. Only... in reverse.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: "When Two Hands Crisscross..."   "When Two Hands Crisscross..." Empty2014-10-26, 9:43 pm

Anya nodded, then held out her hand. She concentrated for a moment, and a light blue orb began to materialize, floating about an inch above her hand. It radiated with her energy, and she smiled at Nao. "Here, take it. It should be enough for you to send her wherever she needs to be."
Back to top Go down
Aeir / Number III

Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: "When Two Hands Crisscross..."   "When Two Hands Crisscross..." Empty2014-10-26, 9:47 pm

Somewhat hesitantly - as she had never handled any power other than her own before - Nao took the orb and, with an affirming nod from Seimei, focused and sent her on her way with a whispered, "Good luck."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: "When Two Hands Crisscross..."   "When Two Hands Crisscross..." Empty2014-10-26, 10:15 pm

Anya smiled a bit as Seimei was sent off, then looked to Nao. "I should go, I have things I need to do, but it was very nice to meet you Nao, and I'm glad that I could help you and Seimei. If you ever need anything else, or just wish to talk, you know how to get my attention. Perhaps I'll introduce you to the Nao I know at some point. Should be interesting. Anyway, goodbye for now, Nao." Despite herself, Anya giggled a bit. "Mm, sorry... a certain someone's sense of humor hit me there...." She waved, smiling, as she faded away, retreating from the connection.
Back to top Go down
Aeir / Number III

Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: "When Two Hands Crisscross..."   "When Two Hands Crisscross..." Empty2014-10-26, 10:34 pm

Smiling, Nao waved back. The smile held in place until Anya had faded away, at which point her expression shifted into melancholy. Alone again. With little else to do, Nao returned her attention to her Milletians - though she made sure to devote a significant of it to a certain one that she had just sent off to parts unknown. An owl landed on her shoulder, its talons oddly gentle and not even beginning to scratch her. Smiling once more, though still lonely, Nao stroked its feathers idly with one hand.

When Seimei felt herself wrapped in unfamiliar magic, she had some idea of what to expect. She'd used 'wings of the goddess' before, after all, and had used one to arrive here. Teleporting was an interesting sensation. For a brief time, you're both here and somewhere else, both there - and where you were before. It was like standing in two places at once in a world of mirrors. Then the sensation ended.

Taking care to ensure Chisei Kage remained in her perch as she always had, which she did, Seimei looked about her surroundings. She was in a city. A city. There were no swords or horses or thick, castle walls to be seen. Instead there were phones, and cars, and skyscrapers.

It was peculiar, how nostalgic the rancid scent of gasoline and asphalt was to her nose.

Glancing at a sign, she was somewhat surprised when it was written in English as she had grown used to seeing the strange runic symbols of Erinn. She had never been the best student when it came to foreign languages, but she thought it said something like 'Staru-Bokusu.'

Turning from the sign to the people, Seimei struggled to remember enough English to ask where she was. Before she could come up with any words, however, they passed her by, clearing her view of the ground. The light over her head turned red. The nostalgic, blaring horn of a truck prompted her to turn to the side just in time to see a motorcycle speeding toward her, followed by a delivery truck going just as fast.

'Oh' she thought, 'this is... a crosswalk.'
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: "When Two Hands Crisscross..."   "When Two Hands Crisscross..." Empty2014-12-26, 10:12 pm

Nadia had lost count of the number of times she'd thought to herself, 'Graham is going to kill me.' It was a common occurrence. But it was far, far worse this time. She knew Graham was going to be so... so pissed this time. He'd have simply been irritated about getting caught by the driver of the truck; it would mean their enemies would be on higher alert. He'd be livid about drawing this much attention; it would mean having to lay low, if not leaving the city for awhile. Now, what she was going to have to do... while Graham would ultimately agree with her decision, he'd be absolutely pissed that it had to be done because of her mistake. Still... shit happened, she supposed.

And so it was that she reached out, and snatched what appeared to be a young girl off of the road and swinging her into her lap. It occured to her, briefly, that the girl seemed strangely calm, but supposed it just hadn't registered yet. "Uh... hi sweety. Try to stay calm, okay? Just getting you to safety, alright? Yeah..." Yeah, there was no way a child could be scared of a stranger in a black bodysuit and yellow motorcycle helmet, that suddenly snatched her off the road; especially when she was being SO reassuring.
Back to top Go down
Aeir / Number III

Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: "When Two Hands Crisscross..."   "When Two Hands Crisscross..." Empty2014-12-28, 11:10 am

Seimei blinked. One moment, she was about to be run over by a pair of recklessly speeding drivers, and the next one of said drivers scooped her up into their lap without much thought, leaving her sitting somewhat cramped between the woman's arms. At least, she was fairly certain it was a woman. 

"Uh... hi sweety. Try to stay calm, okay? Just getting you to safety, alright? Yeah..."

It was a woman, going from the voice. Suppressing a flash of muted irritation at her body's physical state - and not at the driver, as it was hardly her fault that Seimei's body was so small and childish - the girl searched for something to hold onto while thoughtfully ducking down as much as she could and plucking Kage from her head.

"You're speeding," The milletian noted, almost casually. There wasn't anything to grip but the bars and the driver's arms, both of which were necessary to maneuver the vehicle. In her past life, perhaps Seimei might have been more anxious, but as a milletian she was extraordinarily durable. A crash would hurt, quite a bit, but she would survive. Even if a speeding automobile was the vehicle which had sent her to The Void, and then Erinn, in the first place.. So she was handling the situation with remarkable (if, perhaps, deceptive) aplomb.

"No seat-belt..." She observed.

Her concern was for the driver, and Kage, not herself, of course. Truly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "When Two Hands Crisscross..."   "When Two Hands Crisscross..." Empty

Back to top Go down

"When Two Hands Crisscross..."
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Multi-Verse Project :: Earth Realm :: Elsewhere :: Other Loations :: Nexus City-
Jump to: