The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Flower By Any Other Name

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

A Flower By Any Other Name Empty
PostSubject: A Flower By Any Other Name   A Flower By Any Other Name Empty2014-07-11, 2:56 am

Monica was frankly bored.

That wasn't an issue by itself most of the time, but today in particular there was almost nothing to do. Her mother and father were out doing their own thing, Chris was his aunt Ignis and Karin and most of her friends were either working or in the middle of something. That left her a couple of hours to mull over what to do next during her down time but she wasn't completely sure yet.

So, with that in mind she decided to go more towards the outskirts a bit away from the noisy Tokyo life. There were still places where it was much more quite then it was compared to the inner city and Monica actually preferred it. While she didn't have a single clue what direction she wanted to take her life, she did know somewhere more quite was a place she wanted to visit too.

Walking by herself Monica eventually noticed something rather off in the distance and became curious so she went off the beaten path into the field a bit. Her enhanced eye sight made things far easier then it would have been.

And in that distance was a single pod and a prone figure. A child with blue hair.

Monica instantly rushed over. "Hey!" She got no response from the girl but on closer inspection it became apparent they were a android of some kind. No..more a Biodroid if she had to guess judging by the design.

She wasn't sure what to do, but first thing first she needed get her out of here.

Getting home was the easy part.

Figuring out what to do exactly, that was another matter entirely.

So Monica put the girl in her house, called Nobus and waited but became anxious so she began to pace before too long.

I need to calm down, its not going to help with anything.

So while she waited for Nobus, she began watching T.V.
Back to top Go down
https://verseproject.forumotion.com
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Flower By Any Other Name   A Flower By Any Other Name Empty2014-07-12, 12:27 am

..........Initiate Start-Up..........

..........Running Diagnostics..........

..........Error: Systems Corrupted..........

..........Error: Internal Mechanics Damaged..........

..........Error: Memory Banks Corrupted..........

..........Initiating Self-Maintenance..........

..........Error: Self-Maintenance Failed. Calculating Options..........

..........Advisory: Seek Professional Maintenance..........

..........Time Since Last Start-Up: 13 Days..........

..........Start-Up Complete. Current Time: 3:47 in the afternoon..........

..........Good Afternoon, Flower..........

With strange, soft whirring sound, the young girl opened her eyes, her almost nonexistant breathing becoming steadier, stronger. She blinked, looking around. She had no idea where she was. Honestly, she didn't know who she was. She was able to figure out a few things pretty quickly. She was an android; her name was apparently Flower; she had a powerful urge to clean the incredibly messy bedroom she was in. It wasn't trashed, but it was incredibly disorganized. Doing a bit of information searching, which she didn't realize was her mind connecting to the net, she found the concept of 'service droids'; androids built for the purpose of doing some sort of work. Housework, child care, and other things like that. Considering her urge to clean, she could only assume she was one of these service droids. And so, she got to it.

She got started in tidying the room up; mostly just placing things where they seemed to go, tossing clothes in the laundry basket, making the bed, and doing a little bit of dusting with a rag. She found... an odd comfort from doing this. It just felt right to her, and made her happy. She was now sure she was a service droid. Likely a 'domestic' one, from what she could gather. Soon, all she had to do was vacuum the floor. The sound of the vacuum is likely what would catch the attention of the only other person in the house, not that Flower knew this.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Flower By Any Other Name   A Flower By Any Other Name Empty2014-07-12, 12:55 am

Monica found there was not much on T.V. at the moment which was rather boring as the only things really on were rather boring. So she decided to head to her room and maybe play a few video games in the mean time. Ignis and Karin were suppose to be coming over later today so that would be good when they finally got here.

That was when she heard the noise of cleaning; the same room she left the girl.

Was she up?

Curious he opened his door and saw the young girl cleaning. "Ah..you really shouldn't be up like that. Are you feeling okay?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Flower By Any Other Name   A Flower By Any Other Name Empty2014-07-12, 1:16 am

Flower blinked, and turned off the vacuum, turning to Monica and bowing with a smile. "Good Afternoon! Don't worry, I'm almost done cleaning this room, I can get started on the rest of the house after. Um, have you had lunch yet? If not, I'll make you something! ...Oh, and I'm feeling just fine!" She then turned the vacuum back on, starting to hum and sing in a 'la la la' fashion, as children tended to do when happy. Unfortunately, she seemed to be tone deaf, but it was still adorable.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Flower By Any Other Name   A Flower By Any Other Name Empty2014-07-12, 1:45 am

Monica blinked, but then couldn't help but giggle. "You're pretty lively for someone that just woke up. And no I just had lunch not too long ago, I'm more worried about you. My name is Monica Kenzy. What's your name sweetie? And you remember anything before you got here?" She wanted to stop Flower and tell her that it was all right, she could clean her own room. But she just seemed so..happy doing it she couldn't really say stop at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Flower By Any Other Name   A Flower By Any Other Name Empty2014-07-12, 2:07 am

Flower actually stopped then, shocked at herself for forgetting her manners. She turned off the vacuum, bowing again. "Ah, I'm sorry! I forgot my manners. My name is Flower. I'm inexperienced, but please treat me well!" After she straightened, she put a finger to her lips in a thoughtful expression. "Um... nope! I don't remember a thing!" She didn't seemed bothered by this, if a bit embarrassed. "I know my name is Flower, and that I'm some kind of service droid. Since I know how to clean, and doing it makes me happy, I guess that makes me a maid type, maybe?" For looking so young, she spoke clearly, and seemed quite intelligent; then again, androids of any kind tended to be abnormally intelligent. Still, she held the childlike attitude one would expect. She clasped her hands behind her back, shifting her weight from one foot to the other. "Miss Monica, how did I get here?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Flower By Any Other Name   A Flower By Any Other Name Empty2014-07-12, 2:33 am

"Hm. I actually found you in what looked like a escape pod since it seemed too small to be a proper ship.."
Monica said, thinking tapping her chin. "So I'm guessing you were sent here by someone on our planet earth. But you said you don't remember anything but your name so kinda leaves us in a pickle, huh kiddo?"

She was going to say more when the a door knock was heard. "I guess its probably my family or Nobus came. I'll be right back, you can come if you want."

The door opened revealing a pretty young woman with blue hair and wings, her scent would have tipped Monica of she was Ralphlim. While they didn't have uniform, the signature Nobus symbol would have made it obvious who they were

"Good afternoon," They said smiling. "I'm Kelsa Faran and this is Lighting. You're Monica Kenzy, correct? You called about what thought is a Biodroid? I'll just be handling the examine stuff for the little one, Lighting may ask you a few questions though. That's more her job."

"Uh, yeah. Come in."
Monica moved aside. "And her name is Flower."

The Ralphlim nodded, reaching into her pockets to pull out what seemed to be a odd looking data pad of some sort. From there she smiled at Flower, crouching down. "Hello there. My name is Kelsa Faran, I'm part of Nobus. Part time. We help people, but most of the time I'm a nurse."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Flower By Any Other Name   A Flower By Any Other Name Empty2014-07-12, 2:39 am

Flower looked at Kelsa, smiling softly. "It's nice to meet you Miss Kelsa. I'm Flower! So, you're going to see if there is anything wrong with me then?"

Lightning, meanwhile, sighed softly. She didn't seem pleased to be here, but she wasn't going to take it out on a teenaged girl and a child. She pulled out a data pad of her own, to note Monica's responses to things. "Lightning Farron. Now, Ms. Kenzy, from your call, you said you found the girl inside what you believed to be an escape pod. What can you tell us about the pod? Location, basic description of how it looked, any logos, and any signs of damage that might have been from something other than impact?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Flower By Any Other Name   A Flower By Any Other Name Empty2014-07-12, 3:01 am

Kelsa nodded. "Something like that." She held out her data pad which seemed to be scanning Flower a bit. In the mean time she talked in a friendly tone towards her. "So do you feel strange at all? Or hungry?" The later could be helped by things here and Biodroids still needed to eat after all, never mind a growing little girl.

She's so..cute.

Monica frowned slightly. "I actually took a picture of it just in case.." She got her phone before showing Lighting the pod exactly. "It was at the outskirts but I'm not sure where exactly is the thing. I have a few more pictures of that general area if it helps though."

Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Flower By Any Other Name   A Flower By Any Other Name Empty2014-07-12, 3:08 am

Flower shook her head, smiling. "Nope, not hungry. Not right now anyway. I don't feel strange at all, though I can't remember anything before I woke up in Miss Monica's room. I know my name is Flower, and that I like doing housework so am probably a service droid of some kind, but other than that, I don't remember anything else."

~~~~~

Lightning looked over the picture, then nodded. She wrote out something on the data pad, which printed out a slip of paper with a number on it. "Send the pictures to that number, it will be processed and they can find out what they can. Now, when you saw the girl, your report says she was  unresponsive, so you brought her here to your home, placed her in your room, and called Nobus. Did you notice anything else about her worth noting prior to her apparently waking up?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Flower By Any Other Name   A Flower By Any Other Name Empty2014-07-12, 3:19 am

"Hm.." Kelsa did a few more scans before it beeped back positive for something. So this girl, she was not just a Biodroid but a first generation one. That explained the strong magic reading she was giving off as well. "All right. So what do you know about earth?" Flower seemed to have some knowledge of things, just not her personal life so maybe not all her memory was damaged at the least.

Monica tried to think of anything else, but drew a blank so she shook her head. "I'm sorry but that was about it. I think she was some type of hibernation or something when she got here, but that's just a guess." Maybe there was something else noteworthy she missed though; she didn't claim to be a expert when it came to these things.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Flower By Any Other Name   A Flower By Any Other Name Empty2014-07-12, 3:26 am

Again, Flower put a finger to her lips, seeming to think, before starting to tell Kelsa what she knew of Earth. Which was basically whatever the net was providing, which meant she was going into a great bit of detail.

~~~~~

Lightning simply nodded. "Since she has woken up, what has she been doing or saying?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Flower By Any Other Name   A Flower By Any Other Name Empty2014-07-12, 3:41 am

"Mostly just cleaning," Monica said after a bit of thinking. "She seems to think she's a service droid since it gives her a sense of comfort and she enjoys doing it."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Flower By Any Other Name   A Flower By Any Other Name Empty2014-07-12, 3:52 am

Lightning raised a brow. "Thinks she's a service droid? So she doesn't know who or what she is then. Problematic, but not necessarily too serious yet." She put away the data pad. "Once Kelsa is done with her assessment, I will let you know where we will go from here."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Flower By Any Other Name   A Flower By Any Other Name Empty2014-07-12, 3:56 am

Kelsa stood up and headed back to Monica. "The good news is, she seems fine. The bad news is her memory seems be largely missing. From the scans I did, they should come back relatively soon hopefully."

Monica nodded, that was a relief. "How soon?"

Kelsa shook her head. "I couldn't really say. It might also require something to jog her memory just like with anyone else."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Flower By Any Other Name   A Flower By Any Other Name Empty2014-07-12, 5:52 am

Lightning seemed to be thinking that over, while a smiling Flower looked at them with curiousity. "...Right. Well, Ms. Kenzy, Nobus will work on finding out where exactly Flower came from. Specifically, where her parents are. For now, if you have no complaints, she will stay under the guardianship of you and your family. The Kenzy's are well known by Nobus, so there are no concerns about the girl's safety. We will keep you informed as best we can about what we find out. Until then, take care of her as you would any young child. As for schooling, that is up to her. As a Biodroid, she clearly doesn't need to receive an academic education, and due to the unknown nature of any political issues regarding her home planet or race in the regards to laws and regulations in this situation, she is not required by law to attend school here. So unless she wants to attend school for some reason, there is no need to enroll her. Kelsa will come to check on her once a week, just for brief check-ups. The two of you can work out scheduling for that. For now..." She sighed heavily. "...for now, I have to get ready to head to Beacon. I have been transferred to be a temporary trainer there. Apparently one of the staff was injured in a training accident with one of the new students. I don't know who is more to blame in the situation. The trainer for underestimating his student, the student for not being more careful, or whatever idiot thought it was a good idea to teach a girl that excitable how to wield an HCSS...the girl is talented though, I'll give her that. Her sister shouldn't have been egging her on though... those two will probably be trouble..."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Flower By Any Other Name   A Flower By Any Other Name Empty2014-07-12, 11:22 am

Monica nodded a bit then smiled at Flower before turning back to Lighting. "It's safe to say we won't mind having her with us. Just one small question before you leave, uh, what exactly is a HCSS?"

Kelsa gave Monica a number. "Here. If you need to get into contact with me, that's how you'll reach me. I'm probably one of the few people on this planet that has a idea about things, but Magitech Biodroids are a bit out of my pay grade. I was thinking of having check up around the time Lighting said."

The Arkon took it. "Thanks, and that's perfectly fine."

Satisfied, Kelsa turned back to Flower, pulling out a sucker for her crouching down. "Here you go sweetie! It's from my homeworld and last a lot longer then normal, I think you'll like it."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Flower By Any Other Name   A Flower By Any Other Name Empty2014-07-12, 1:55 pm

Lightning actually chuckled slightly. "An HCSS... a 'High-Caliber Sniper-Scythe'. Bit odd sounding, hence usually calling it an HCSS. Calling it a simple 'Gun-Scythe' just doesn't work. It is possibly one of the most dangerous weapons there is to learn to use. Think of a bo staff, add a giant blade onto the end, and then a powerful sniper rifle. Here, take a look at the video if you like." She held out the data pad, pulling up footage from the training accident she'd been talking about. The girl had shown great skill... before accidentally cleaving her trainer's hand off. 

~~~~~

Flower looked at the sucker, gently taking it, unwrapping it, and popping it into her mouth. After a second, her eyes lit up, and she did a tiny little dance. "It'sh delishioush!"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Flower By Any Other Name   A Flower By Any Other Name Empty2014-07-12, 2:12 pm

Monica grimaced a bit at the display. "..I hope the man is okay. But either way that weapon looks complicated to use.." She didn't know how to use any weapons at all, never mind what was showing up on the screen.

Kelsa giggled a bit before ruffling her hair and standing up. "You're going to be just fine." She was pretty much on Lighting's watch since she was done with the check up, but she didn't mind since the little girl was adorable.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Flower By Any Other Name   A Flower By Any Other Name Empty2014-07-12, 2:22 pm

Lightning shrugged. "He can get it reattached. If he hadn't underestimated her, he could have easily avoided the injury. She's skilled, but she's still young and inexperienced. His injury is his own fault. Teaching it to a girl like her though... wonder what the people at Signal were thinking. It's not in the video, but apparently she went into full panic when she injured him. Seem convinced he was going to die and she'd be expelled. Was running around like a chicken with it's head cut off." She shook her head. "This is what I have to look forward too..." Sighing, she put away the pad. "We should go. Like I said, we will keep in contact, Ms. Kenzy. Kelsa, I'll meet you outside." With that, Lightning left.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Flower By Any Other Name   A Flower By Any Other Name Empty2014-07-12, 3:04 pm

After Kelsa left, it simply was Monica and Flower. They had been a lot of information to sink in but she was nothing less if not a adaptable person. She did hope Flower regained her memories but at the same time she worried if her memories were bad. Then again, everyone had to face those things eventually.

And if Ariana, who had seen and been through so much could find happiness with Adell and Ameya then surely Flower could even if she had a unfourtnate past.

"Quite a lot to take in, huh?"
Monica said to Flower. "I have some other people coming over, my parents will be here later and Ignis and Karin should be here earlier. They're my god sisters basically, trust me you'll like them and they'll like you. Anyway, what do you feel like doing?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Flower By Any Other Name   A Flower By Any Other Name Empty2014-07-12, 3:21 pm

Flower blinked a bit. "Um... I don't know. I should probably get back to cleaning though... I finished your room, but I shtill have the resht of the houshe..."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Flower By Any Other Name   A Flower By Any Other Name Empty2014-07-12, 4:40 pm

Monica was amused by that, she must have really liked that sucker. "All right. But if you're going to do that, I'll help you, okay? I really have nothing to do besides and.." She shrugged a bit. "To be honest there's a lot of stuff that can use cleaning. You do yard work too?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: A Flower By Any Other Name   A Flower By Any Other Name Empty2014-07-12, 4:55 pm

Flower thought about that. "Um... maybe? I'll found out when I try! But firsht, back to cleaning the houshe! I should shtart with the bedroomsh?" She paused, and then her eyes lit up. "Oh! I forgot, I meant to ashk you where thish goesh!" She dug in her pocket, and pulled out.... well, a certain adult toy that a child should not be holding. "I couldn't tell what it wash, or where to put it. It wash under your bed, with thoshe booksh with the naked people. I put thoshe on your bookshelf. There were other thingsh like thish too, but I left thoshe where they were until I knew where to put them."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Flower By Any Other Name   A Flower By Any Other Name Empty2014-07-12, 5:05 pm

Monica's smiling face slowly shifted to one of horror at the reveal of..something that definitely should have been hidden and not in the hands of a child.

Oh god.

She tried to play it off, taking the toy awkwardly. "Uh..sweetie, don't worry about this okay? And those other things are private. I'll tell you about them when you get older. Um..anyway let's get back to cleaning. I'll start in the living room and then you the kitchen after your done with my room?"

..I so need to hide everything again..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Flower By Any Other Name   A Flower By Any Other Name Empty

Back to top Go down

A Flower By Any Other Name
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next