The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Powers, stats and limitation

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tsubame

Powers, stats and limitation Empty
PostSubject: Powers, stats and limitation   Powers, stats and limitation Empty2013-06-30, 6:35 pm

I am very interested in joining this forum but i am at a loss when it comes to (the delicious part of) the powers/stats/abilities part of the character application
Is there a specific amount of stat points? is 100 in any given stat max, if not what is? and what is average in a stat point?
how many powers, abillities and the like may one character have? how much is OP?
Back to top Go down
Tsubame

PostSubject: Re: Powers, stats and limitation   Powers, stats and limitation Empty2013-06-30, 6:40 pm

couldn't find a edit button but then again i am a guest for now, forgot to ask if it was strictly fandom or if i could take an idea from an anime and add to it and create something new?
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Powers, stats and limitation   Powers, stats and limitation Empty2013-07-01, 12:09 am

Welcome aboard. As to answer your questions..

1. I'm not sure which part you're confused by, do you mean what the power section is for? Essentially, let's say Bob has control over fire, so you'd place it there saying he can do so. Then restrictions would be for the extent of all he could do for it. Abilties are usually more for minor things(I.E. change of apperance, enhanced senses or something along those lines)

2. There's no limit to powers/abilities to one character. It's strictly a case by case basis. And no, hundred is hardly the max it goes up way higher. On average though, characters range from a hundred stat total of points or more. I'm assuming you already read this: https://verseproject.forumotion.com/t134-rpg-stat-rules-guidelines in regards to stats. Anyway, I'm here to help with anymore questions
Back to top Go down
https://verseproject.forumotion.com
Tsubame

PostSubject: Re: Powers, stats and limitation   Powers, stats and limitation Empty2013-07-02, 8:04 am

I have plenty ideas for characters and wonder if i can ask for feedback (for the one i find most interesting) and eventually see if its doable

In the Inuyasha verse there is demon slayers that acts like mercenary, killing demons for money. I played with the idea of a female demon slayer who feel in love with a rakshasa (or to better fit the universe "panther demon"). I wont tell the entire story so the character is a halfbreed who resent his human half. Now comes the tricky part, to become more of a demon and less of a human he wants nothing more then to gain a full demon form, i solved this issue by sending him to the naruto verse and aquire the cursed seal. The last stage of the cursed seal is a reflection of the characters inner self so with that he gained a "full demon form"...

I would like to know if there is anything wrong with the above approach, do you realm jump like the main girl in inuyasha?

Thanx in advance and i hope i don't ask for to much
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Powers, stats and limitation   Powers, stats and limitation Empty2013-07-02, 12:28 pm

The idea itself is fine, but just to clarify something. The Inuyasha, Naruto and other canon sources you see around here? They're all interconnected as if part of the site and history. For example, in the present time(like it says currently 2039) Inuyasha-styled demons live in the present in various areas on earth. They and others live in various places in the present; the supernatural and other races is pretty well known.

The Elemental Countries, simply put, could be traveled too but its harder to find if you don't know where to look. The Hidden Villages tend to stay out of the other parts of earth for the most part, but that could be subject to change. As a whole, Realm travel is pretty common. Most people use Nexus City to different places allied with and connected with the Earth Realm(I.E. Demon Realm, Alus and others)

Any other questions just ask.
Back to top Go down
Tsubame

PostSubject: Re: Powers, stats and limitation   Powers, stats and limitation Empty2013-07-04, 3:27 pm

what is Rayzoku?
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Powers, stats and limitation   Powers, stats and limitation Empty2013-07-04, 3:28 pm

It's a made up fighting style, if your character doesn't have it then you  don't worry about it. It's more for those interested in it and want to make a character around it.
Back to top Go down
Tsubame

PostSubject: Re: Powers, stats and limitation   Powers, stats and limitation Empty2013-07-13, 11:54 am

1) Would chakra (naruto) count as Ki or Magic?
2) And would Reiatsu (bleach, think it is spiritual powers) count as Soul?
3) If not what would Chakra and Reiatsu counts as?
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Powers, stats and limitation   Powers, stats and limitation Empty2013-07-13, 1:12 pm

None of the above. Basically you could add a stat named that way that functions the same way(but referring to the chart of damage output for a idea of what you can do at the individual levels) Hope that helps. If your character doesn't use magic, Ki or what not then you don't even need those lines on the character at all.
Back to top Go down
Tsubame

PostSubject: Re: Powers, stats and limitation   Powers, stats and limitation Empty2013-07-13, 1:38 pm

awesome and thanx again for all of the answers
If a character would be from both Bleach and Naruto verse then that would accomulate into a lot of powers, Zanpakuto, Shikai, Bankai, Taijutsu, Ninjutsu and Genjutsu. what would be appropriate restrictions? I have some ideas but i think that would only be a start
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Powers, stats and limitation   Powers, stats and limitation Empty2013-07-13, 1:45 pm

Taijutsu, if I recall is hand to hand, right? So you wouldn't need a restriction on it, its just goes to skill. Same if the guy knew Parkour, putting a computer together and the like. A character having both Spirtual Pressure and Chakra I'm not sure of. I suppose if they're like Ichigo they can have both, since when you're a Shingami your entire energy changes so in that form they have spirit stuff. In their 'living' form there's Chakra. Like maybe somehow a ninja from the elemental nations becoming one or something, I'm not sure.

Shikai and the like depends, I would use the fighter profile that has special moves on it. That way you could place them under there for the different Ninjutsu and Shikai stuff. Other then I'd have to ask a friend of mine since the two series aren't my strongest point knowledge wise.

And if you meant seperate characters and not two stacked together with the same power set makes it easier.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Powers, stats and limitation   Powers, stats and limitation Empty2013-07-13, 2:14 pm

I will help where I can. I don't use the stat system, but I do know the Bleach and Naruto universes quite well. Also, to elaborate on what Sion said; considering Chakra is formed from a mix of spiritual and physical energies, it cannot be used when in Shinigami form, as there is no real physical energy then, just the spiritual. However, I feel that someone with really good Chakra control in their physical body, would be able to perhaps mimic some effect of Chakra in their Shinigami form. Nothing big, mind, but some effects I think could be managed. Specifically techniques to strengthen the body and such, like what Tsunade does.

Likewise, while in a physical body, they don't really have access to their Reiatsu based powers, but I think they can manage Kido, or at least lower numbered ones. Either way, the abilities would be mostly seperated. I do believe, however, that the high spiritual power of their Shinigami form would likely cause, at first, an imbalance and instability in their Chakra, making their control lessen, but once they get the hang of it, and the body adapts to the new power within it, I think that this would cause them to have a greatly increased pool of Chakra to draw on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Powers, stats and limitation   Powers, stats and limitation Empty

Back to top Go down

Powers, stats and limitation
Page 1 of 1