The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 9 Empty2016-02-23, 8:22 pm

Rance shrugged, a little miffed that Aryll was leaving, and that he'd been told he could not sleep with Sela under any circumstances. Maybe Suzume...

"We will be fine, Lord Reifer. Thank you for your hospitality!" Sill bowed politely, nudging Rance until he grumbled out a 'thank you'.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 9 Empty2016-02-24, 3:31 am

Reifer wasn't too sure about them yet, Sil seemed nice enough but if Aryll was vouching for them they couldn't be too bad. He was all for giving the benefit of the doubt, without being too naive and reckless about it.

Gig gave a sigh as he stood up. "Guess that's my cue. We'll, Sela been a blast but I have to get going. Until then later." Without anymore fanfare or further comment he was just gone from his spot as if he was never there at all.

After he left and the others began leaving Reifer decided he would visit this prisoner, but he honestly wasn't too sure about how to approach the situation. He did have a basic idea. "I'll be back soon mother, I want to check on our prisoner. Iilara, you can stay here or come with me. It's up to you." He doubted she'd stay are being so confused about what just happened but you never know.

Reifer headed downstairs to the dungeon, not sure what to expect or the kind of person he would meet.

Trunks was restless.

Not that it was a new thing to the young man. No. He had that feeling more then enough times to count for a number of very good reasons but he usually tried to keep them to himself. 'Try' had been the keyword since it didn't go as he wanted half the time. If he tried to hide things that were really bothering him, Atsuko and Ashi would pick it up and each had their methods.

So he had made a compromise if something was really nagging at him he would speak about it which is why he was waiting for Aryll to return on the roof. He did get anxious when she vanished for long periods of time or anyone for that matter. It wasn't healthy to be paranoid but he couldn't just shrug all that away at once, it would take time.
Back to top Go down
https://verseproject.forumotion.com
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 9 Empty2016-03-01, 11:53 pm

In the prison, a young woman was reclining against the wall, eyes closed as she seemed to be asleep or deep in thought. Her weapon, a spear, was resting on the wall outside the cell, and the nearby guard was giving her uneasy looks. Iliara had opted to go rest for now.

~~~~~

Aryll appeared after a bit, giving him an odd look. "Trunks, not that I don't enjoy spending time with you and talking, but I was about to do something. What is it you need to talk to me about?" She wasn't upset, that was clear. If anything, she was nervous about him wanting to speak so suddenly.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 9 Empty2016-03-02, 1:47 am

Reifer wasn't too sure what to expect but he turned to the uneasy guard. "You seem uneasy, care to tell me what has been happening?"

[color=teal] Did I interrupt something?[/color]

That was the last thing he wanted, and he knew Aryll was a busy woman at the best of days. "I didn't mean to interrupt, if you were about to do something important my personal problems can wait a bit longer."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 9 Empty2016-03-02, 2:09 am

The guard swallowed a bit. "This woman...she's dangerous. When the fighting started... everyone with her was taken out easily by our forces, but she repelled every attack, and while I'm sure he didn't mention it, she actually caught Eon off guard and nearly killed him. Then that strange woman with the green hair appeared on the field and took the entire Tokugawa army out somehow, and this woman just... surrendered. She didn't seem scared or anything, just calmly laid her spear down, sat down in the field of battle, and said 'You may take me to your dungeons now, I will wait for your Lord to return.' I get the feeling she could break out of here any time she wanted..."

~~~~~

Aryll sighed, shaking her head. "Trunks, considering my powers, time is rarely an issue for me. So come on, spit it out. You're not too old to be tickled into submission, you know."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 9 Empty2016-03-02, 3:00 am

Reifer found that really confusing but he was able to piece a bit together, a theory but it made sense if it was true. Aryll maybe told the woman something, or she had sensed Aryll's power and wisely chosen to stand down. But it was a unsettling thought that Aryll was powerful enough to take down a whole army, and he had the feeling it wasn't even close to her full power.

After thanking the guard, he went to the front of the cell. "Are you awake?"

The thought of Aryll tickling him was something he didn't want to test, because knowing her she would do it. His mother would have found it funny, his dad less so if they had randomly stumbled upon them by chance during it. The demi goddess tickling him wasn't something he wanted to test.

Finally he sighed. "It's..just I've been thinking for a while about back at home. You know my story and how everything turned out before I ended up coming here. My old family and me went through so much together back at my home. By the time I came back from Perene, and Cell killed those I cared about, I just couldn't stand being there anymore."

"But, I feel like by me leaving I made what they went through for nothing. Sure Alus and Eldar got back into contact by then so they'd have protection but even so. What would the others think of me if they knew I left?"

Trunks took another deep breath. "I haven't told anyone, but one of the main reasons I joined the Time Patrol is because I felt guilty. Part of me Aryll is..really sick of fighting, but I feel like its something I need to do at the same time.."

He suddenly looked ten years older then his age would suggest.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 9 Empty2016-03-02, 8:50 pm

The woman opened her eyes after a moment, looking him directly in the eyes. "So you are the lord of this territory?"

~~~~~

Aryll was silent for a moment, then sighed. "Trunks... you idiot." She shook her head, and pulled him into a hug, pulling him close. "What was left for you in that world, Trunks? Nothing but pain and the memories of what you lost. Everyone there that you knew and loved was gone, and Earth had Alus and Eldar for protection now. Your duty to that world was done, so what is left? To live your life and be happy. You couldn't have done that there, and they know that. They would want you to be happy."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 9 Empty2016-03-02, 9:23 pm

Reifer nodded slowly. "I am, yes my name is Reifer. You wanted to speak with me?"

It was only slightly embarrassing because of the height difference and the hug meant certain things would be more..notable. However it wasn't the time and he definitely wasn't going to be thinking about after spiling his guts out.

"..Thanks. It was just something I needed to get off my chest for a while."
If things turned out differently, chances are he wouldn't have met Aryll either.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 9 Empty2016-03-02, 9:51 pm

The woman nodded. "I did. It is because of you that I am free. And for that, I am thankful. I also apologize if I injured that male shinobi of yours. I did not intend to truly injure anyone during the attack, but he came up behind me and I reacted on instinct. That green-haired woman was the one that convinced Tokugawa to attack in full force, and that releasing me was his only chance of dealing with 'the Dragon Lord of Komai', so when she arrived and stopped me, I knew it was time to surrender. I can only imagine she did this on your orders, so I have you to thank for for my freedom."

~~~~~

Aryll released him, smiling softly. "That's perfectly fine, Trunks. We all have things we need to talk about sometimes. Anyway, me telling you all of this is pointless. One day, hopefully not for several decades yet, you'll pass on as well. And Heaven isn't split. Well, it is, but it's a soft split, meaning anyone can go anywhere, but people usually live in some set areas. The point is, when you get there, you will see them all again."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 9 Empty2016-03-03, 2:00 am

Reifer was a bit confused, but he was starting to think this was all apart of Aryll's plan from the start. "That woman you encountered is named Aryll, she has helped in the past so you can say that but she doesn't work for me. May I have your name? You haven't harmed anyone from what I gathered so you would be free to leave."

That saying caused Trunks to literally freeze for a moment before he relaxed pushing the surge of emotion away. "..That was something Yumemi said to us before..back then. That heaven wasn't split into two for 'normal' people and people like her. I told her it would be silly to split heaven into two just because she isn't organic. You met her haven't you? I mean, another version of her at least."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 9 Empty2016-03-03, 2:51 am

The woman seemed surprised, but then nodded. "My name is Sen Tokugawa. If that confuses you at all, I should tell you that the Tanuki Demons that carry the name of Tokugawa are not the true rulers. They overthrew my family and forced us to serve them. I refused, and fought against them. Out of fear of me, they locked me away. Normally, my first priority would be to restore my family. But they have long been destroyed by the Tanuki, physically and mentally. Tokugawa house is no more. So instead, I would wish to do what I have always enjoyed in life. To be on the front lines of battle...." An odd look crossed her face, before she shook it off. "If you will put me where I wish to be, I will gladly join you. If not, then I will seek my battles elsewhere."

~~~~~

Aryll grinned, and ruffled Trunks' hair playfully. "But of course! I've met a couple versions of her. I tend to seek her out, she's just so lovable."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 9 Empty2016-03-03, 4:33 am

Reifer raised a brow at the odd look she gave, but he could reasonbaly put together she must have really enjoyed battle. It normally would have been concerning, he had seen people who lived for nothing but battle and they were hardly the most..stable people. Sen didn't seem unhinged like other people he had known but he didn't know her.

However, between her not harming anyone and Aryll mentioning them was enough for him to give the woman the benefit of the doubt.

"If you want. But I'll be honest, I can't promise you'll always find the battles you want. We normally try to stay out of conflict and out of others business, but I don't think that'll be possible for much longer.."

He glanced at the guard. "You can release them."

Trunks hated and liked when Aryll did that. He was silent for a bit after until speaking. "Hey, Aryll? Do you ever get tired? Tired of fighting that is?" Aryll had been living for much longer then he had, not even counting the 'extra' time on some of her adventures. He was pushing in his early twenties and he felt drained from time to time. Granted, he and Aryll's life experience and growing up was very different.

Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 9 Empty2016-03-03, 5:44 am

Sen stood, walking out of the cell as the guard opened it. "I will stay with you for a time then, and hope I can get the battles I desire. I will leave if I grow bored, but please do not take that as a lack of gratitude for freeing me." She bowed to him, before grabbing her spear. "Is there a particular place I should stay?"

~~~~~

Aryll seemed to think about that. "Hm... I suppose... I've never enjoyed fighting, mind you. But it's never... really been an issue. It's just part of the job. I get through it, and that's all there is to it. Then again, for you, every day growing up was a fight for survival, and in the end, you lost everything you'd been fighting for. It only makes sense you would grow tired of it over time, and want to just... stop. However, you need to realize... you can't just stop. You wouldn't let yourself. There will always be someone that needs help, some cause that needs to be fought for. And you, Trunks, are not the kind of person that could just sit by and let someone else do the fighting."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 9 Empty2016-03-03, 11:18 pm

"I'll lead you to where you'll be staying."

Reifer had a number of questions, though some of them could wait until she had settled in and gotten used to where she was staying at for the time being. There was no telling if she would stay with with them for an extended period of time.

He lead to her one of the guest rooms, opening the door. "You can stay here. If you don't like the room, pretty much all the rest on the left are unusued. I might be busy at times and hard to get a hold of, but if you have anymore questions when I'm not around just ask one of the maids."

"I..guess so.." Trunks didn't seem down as he was before, just pensive then anything. "So, if you do decide to retire one day, what do you want to do with the rest of your life?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 9 Empty2016-03-03, 11:37 pm

Sen simply nodded, looking around the room. "This will do fine, thank you. I'll familiarize myself with my surroundings for a bit. I assume you have other business to attend to, so I will not keep you longer. I hope I can find a place here, Lord Reifer, and thank you for allowing me the opportunity."

~~~~~

"Settle down and raise a family." Her response was instant; clearly she'd thought of this before. "I'd settle in a time period where I could be with my parents and sisters, and start a family there."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 9 Empty2016-03-06, 2:33 am

"Like I said, feel free to relax. Felecia or the other maids will probably attend to you later."
After that he headed back to where his mother and the others were. He needed to let her know of the latest development and show Rance and Sil around. He wasn't sure on their preferences on where they would want to stay.

Trunks slowly smiled. "It's funny. That's basically the same thing I have in mind. For now though, we'll focus on what's in front of us, and I'll try not to let the past get me down too much. Much easier said then done, but with your help I'll definitely be able to manage."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 9 Empty2016-03-06, 10:35 pm

When Reifer arrived back at Sela's room, he'd find that the healers were there, and doing various tests to determine exactly what was wrong with her, and how best to treat it... of course, the healers politely informed Reifer that he was essentially in their way, and 'kicked him out'. Before that, however, Sela informed him that Rance had said something about 'going hunting', and Sill had followed him to 'keep him out of trouble'. Not long after, Reifer would rather quickly hear that apparently Rance was hitting on pretty much every attractive woman he came across.

~~~~~

Aryll smiled at that. "Well, I'll help you in whatever way I can, of course. For now though, I should probably get back to my planning, before I get distracted and forget to do something." She waved cheerfully, before disappearing into thin air.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 9 Empty2016-03-06, 11:29 pm

Reifer didn't want to leave Sela but it was better he was out the way while they went to work. That was fine, he would get to them later. Rance and Sil didn't take too long to find, especially when he heard about Rance hitting on various women. Luckily he caught them in the middle before they had a chance to vanish again.

"Did you two have a room already?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 9 Empty2016-03-06, 11:54 pm

Rance blinked, turning to Reifer as one of the female palace guards hastily made her exit, blushing furiously. "Eh? Uh, no." Sill stepped forward, bowing to Reifer.

"Thank you for asking, Lord Reifer. We do not have a room yet, though you're not obligated to provide one, of course. We understand that Aryll seemed to simply drop us on you."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 9 Empty2016-03-07, 1:16 am

Reifer shook his head. "It's fine. While all of you are here, I want you two to enjoy yourselves. I don't have an exact room for you but down the hall are a dozen of empty rooms. Been meaning to ask, but where are you two from?" He could take a guess why the guard was blushing, so he didn't really ask too much about it.

Seemed like Rance hormones were flaring, he met those before but didn't make them a bad person.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 9 Empty2016-03-07, 2:24 am

Rance chuckled a bit. "I'm from one of the various human settlements on the continent. One of the 'Free Cities', heh... well, originally. I've done a lot of travelling... as for Sill... uh... where the hell ARE you from?"

Sill seemed a bit surprised by the question. "Oh... well, I'm originally from the magic kingdom of Zeth. My family were rich, apparently... somehow I ended up in the slave market. I... don't really know how, honestly. Anyway, Rance-sama purchased me as his slave, and we have been together since..." She paused. "O-oh, and don't worry! The 'Absolute Obedience Magic' wore off a very long time ago. I've been free for a few years now, technically, but I've stayed by Rance-sama's side willingly. He still introduces me as his slave though..."

"Because you are my slave." Rance said it very matter-of-fact, not really seeing a problem with such a declaration.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 9 Empty2016-03-10, 12:51 am

This got Reifer interest, though he was also a bit troubled by it. However, being who he was and how he was raised he didn't instantly jump to conclusions. "If she's not your slave technically, why do you still call her that?"

Either way it wasn't something he'd be entirely comfortable with.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 9 Empty2016-03-10, 1:14 am

Rance shrugged. "I bought her, she's mine. Just because there's not any magic making her stay with me or obey me doesn't change that." He paused, noticing a group of maids walk by down the hall... and immediately took off after them without a word.

"...Um... please don't mind him, Lord Reifer. He's a good person, truly! He's just... a bit rough around the edges. He respects women a great deal, and he actually gets really angry whenever someone hurts a woman or makes them upset. Honestly, he talks about me the way he does to hide the fact that he cares, I think... he's rather sweet when he thinks nobody is watching, and he's incredibly uncomfortable whenever a woman seems like she might actually be in love with him..." Sill paused. "I think... he just doesn't know how to handle genuine feelings. I know his insistence that I am his slave is hard to stomach, but it doesn't bother me at all. For him, it's basically a term of endearment for me at this point... and also..." She trailed off, frowning slightly.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 9 Empty2016-03-10, 1:29 am

Reifer still didn't like it, but as long as Rance didn't get into trouble and proved he was what Sil said he was by deeds he would leave it alone. At the end of her pause, he gently prompted. "And also what Sil?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 9 Empty2016-03-10, 2:06 am

She seemed to hesitate a bit. "I... don't tell him I said this, but... I think he's scared. I think he's scared I'll leave him, and insisting that I'm his slave, that he owns me, reassures him that I won't. He tends to refer to any woman that he genuinely cares about as being 'his', and the few men he cares about he refers to as being his servants... again, that they are 'his'. I think he voices ownership of people as a way to convince himself that they won't leave him."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread   War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

War Changes Everything [Reboot] Past Thread
Page 9 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next