The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Just the Way You Are

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

Just the Way You Are Empty
PostSubject: Just the Way You Are   Just the Way You Are Empty2011-10-02, 5:44 pm

People could, and would, say many things about one Tomoya Okazaki. He was blunt. He was near rude. He was stubborn. He was a bit of an ass sometimes. He was unashamed to admit to his sometimes innappropriate thoughts involving some of his female friends. He was afraid to admit deeper feelings. He was insecure. He was a prankster. He was loyal. He had a strong sense of right and wrong. He was protective. He was loving. He was good with kids.

Nobody would ever say he was romantic though.

No, Tomoya Okazaki, as most would say, didn't have a romantic bone in his body. He could be affectionate, yes, but to do something outwardly romantic just seemed out of his range of abilities. Then again, he'd never even asked anyone out before, so who was anyone to say how he'd actually act with someone who was that close to his heart?

Two people knew. One, because Tomoya had confided in him. The other, because he'd needed some advice, and permission. The confiding had been directed toward Tomoya's friend and, jokingly, 'Heterosexual Life Partner', Kieth Everhart. The advice and permission was sought from another close friend, the adorably sweet and clumsy Krista Lavos. Why did Tomoya need her advice and permission?

Because he couldn't get Krista's sister, Vivian, out of his mind.

He wasn't fully sure exactly when he'd started to think about the mature, wise, witty, and downright beautiful woman as more than a friend. He just knew he had. She occupied his thoughts near constantly, and when she was near, he had to fight the urge to reach out and run his hands over that beautiful, dark skin. Yes, he had strong feelings of affection for her, followed closely by a strong lust for her body. His dreams at night were causing him some issues with laundry. He'd started doing his own laundry just to keep anyone else from noticing.

However, as much as he wanted her, wanted to be with her, Tomoya just couldn't bring himself to go up to her and ask her out. His inferiority-complex wouldn't allow it. He couldn't bear to see the look on her face when she realized what he was saying, feeling. She wouldn't laugh, or mock him; she was too good a person for that. But he felt sure she'd reject him...and if she apologized, he'd hate it. He wouldn't want her to be sorry that he has feelings for her. 'Or worse,' some part of his mind would say, 'she might pity you.' Pity...no, pity was something he couldn't handle.

So, he confided in Kieth, who supported him. Then Kieth, after failing to get his friend to talk to Vivian, instead spoke to Krista, who was more than willing to help. She wanted Tomoya and Vivian to be happy and find love, so why not with eachother? After alot of discussion, Kieth and Krista came up with a plan. At first, Tomoya refused outright, but eventually agreed, for a simple reason.

If she rejected him, at least he wouldn't have to worry about seeing pity or hearing an apology before he could get his guard up.

~~~~

Vivian was a smart woman. Very smart, really. In fact, 'smart' was hardly a fitting word for her. Highly intelligent was more accurate. She noticed things others did not. However, she wasn't perfect. She couldn't always figure someone out as if reading a book. In those cases, it took a bit of study, observation...patience. Such was the case with Tomoya Okazaki.

The boy...no, that was unfair. The young man was very interesting to her. He was a bit of a contradiction, with the way he acted. He was blunt and rude, yet compassionate and kind. He was lazy and apathetic, yet determined and emotional. He was strong willed, yet weak hearted. He amused her and infuriated her. He intrigued her and vexed her.

He made her heart quicken.

She wasn't fully sure exactly when she'd started to think about the confident, contradictory, witty, and downright handsome young man as more than a friend. She just knew she had. He often occupied her thoughts, and when he was near, she had to fight the urge to reach out and run her hands through his hair or over his leanly muscled arms. Yes, she had strong feelings of affection for him, followed closely by a strong lust for his body. Her dreams at night were quite pleasant, yet also rather frustrating.

Normally, knowing she had feelings for him was all she'd need, to convince her to tell him. However, she was fairly sure that he had feelings for his childhood friend, Monica, and that Monica had feelings for him in turn.. She couldn't be completely sure though, and that was why she was waiting, looking for a sign. If she had any indication that Tomoya saw Monica as just a friend, and Monica seeing Tomoya as the same, she would make a move. For now though, she just wasn't sure.

Her younger half-sister, Krista, knew though. She'd spoken to her about it after Krista seemed to be quite curious about why she was being asked more about the young man. Krista promised not to say anything to Tomoya about it, as Krista didn't want to possibly cause issues until she was sure.

~~~~

While surprising, nobody complained when Kieth and Krista seemed adamant about the weekly get-together being at a local karaoke bar. Krista was amused. Tomoya was nervous.

~~~~

Tomoya grumbled a bit as a grinning Kieth, and a softly smiling Krista, dragged him out of his seat and up to the stage half-way through the night. Everyone else was simply surprised. Tomoya, singing? Not something they expected. They had no idea if he even could sing. Their surprise grew when Tomoya seeming willingly, albiet hesitantly, take the middle, forward microphone, Krista and Kieth taking the ones to either side and slightly behind.

Tomoya singing, with Kieth and Krista as backup? Immediately, some of the other people, not with the group, that knew Tomoya began to laugh, cracking jokes. This didn't last long, thanks to the large collection of glares aimed in their direction, particularly from a certain dark-skinned beauty.

Tomoya wasn't done with the surprises.

"Ah...um..." Tomoya hesitated, licking his suddenly dry lips. "This...shit, this hard....listen, I'm not exactly the best with words, or expressing my feelings, alright? But...there's someone here, who I...she's more than a friend to me, and I want her to know. I just...can't say it. So, these knuckleheads behind me convinced me to do this...it's...well, it's more embarrassing than just talking to her in private, but...I find it's easier for me. If she apologized as she turned me down, or pitied me in some way, I couldn't handle it, so I'm doing it this way, so I can get my guard back up before seeing her after. I don't want to risk our new friendship by letting her possible rejection get to me. Call me a coward if you want."

Here, Vivian's eyes widened a bit. New friendship? So it wasn't Monica? Then who? There were several here who had newly established friendships with Tomoya. More than that, how had she completely misread things?

"So...uh, I guess I should sing now..and I'm sorry if this embarrasses you." At those words, his gaze met Vivian's, and she inhaled sharply, realization hitting her like one of Kieth's punches. The music started, and as Tomoya sang, Kieth and Krista harmonizing with him at times, she felt her chest tightening, her heart leaping into her throat as her eyes widened even more, beginning to water ever so slightly.

"Oh, her eyes, her eyes, make the stars look like they're not shinin'
Her hair, her hair, falls perfectly without her tryin'
She's so beautiful,
and I tell her everyday

Yeah, I know, I know when I compliment her, she won't believe me
And it's so, it's so, sad to think that she don't see what I see
But everytime she asks me 'Do I look okay?'
I say

When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
'Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are

And when you smile (smile)
The whole world stops and stares for awhile
'Cause girl you're amazing
Just the way you are

Oh, her lips, her lips, I could kiss them all day if she'd let me
And her laugh, her laugh, she hates it but it drives me crazy
She's so beautiful
And if she'd ask me I would say

Oh you know, you know, you know I'd never ask you to change
If perfect's what you're searching for, then just stay the same
So don't even bother asking if you look okay
'Cause you know I'll say

When I see your face
'Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are

Just the way you are

The way you are
The way you are
Girl, you're amazing
Just the way you are

When I see your face
'Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are

Just the way you are..."

Tomoya licked his lips nervously, his mouth dry, his hands a bit sweaty. He noted the silence from the room, and glanced back at Kieth and Krista, who simply smiled at him. He nodded weakly, whispered a 'thank you' into the microphone, and moved away. The three friends were almost off the stage when the applause started, and Tomoya froze in shock. The stunned audience had finally broken out of their daze and her letting him know exactly what they'd thought. He chuckled weakly, and continued with Krista and Kieth down from the stage. They never reached the table where everyone else in the group sat, as they were intercepted by a determined looking Vivian. Tomoya swallowed hard.

~~~~

Vivian was a woman on a mission, and she wasn't letting anything get in her way. She walked with purpose toward Tomoya, barely noticing Kieth and Krista flanking him. The moment she reached him, she grabbed a handful of the front of his shirt, her other hand hooking around the back of his neck, and she yanked him closer, dragging him straight into a searing kiss. She could feel his shock, due to the fact that he didn't respond at first, instead simply letting her kiss him. Then, as if a switch was flipped, his arms wrapped around her as he returned the kiss. Kieth and Krista grinned at eachother, moving around Tomoya and Vivian as they continued on toward the others, joining hands as they did. Couples did that, after all.

~~~~

Too soon for his liking, Vivian broke the kiss, pulling away slightly. Tomoya opened his eyes, and froze when he saw the fierce look in Vivian's eyes. There was something almost predatory about it...and horribly arousing. "Tomoya, this is a ridiculous question, but I feel I should ask anyway. You meant what you were trying to say with that song, right?" He simply nodded, and the fierce look faded, softening. "Good. Silly man, being worried I'd reject you. Had you only asked, I would have said yes quite easily...I really appreciate what you did though. Nobody...has ever gone to quite such lengths just to tell me they had feelings for me."

Here, a bit of Tomoya's normal attitude surfaced, and he grinned a bit. "Well, I've never been known to half-ass things that were important to me, have I?" Vivian smirked, a rather seductive look for her. Tomoya's heart began to pound.

"Indeed, Tomoya. Now, as touching as it was for you to risk humiliating yourself in public for me, and you were excellent up there by the way, why don't we go somewhere more private? I'd like to get to know you even better, and continue what we started a moment ago. That kiss was not nearly enough." Here, Tomoya stiffened, in more ways than one. Vivian noticed, her seductive smirk becoming even more so, along with a mischievous chuckle. "I don't mean sex, Tomoya, though it's not necessarily out of the question. It depends on how things go, though for right now, a bit of kissing is good enough. Sound good?"

"O-Of course, Vivi..." He noticed a strange glint in her eyes when he used her nickname, something he'd never seen before when he used it.

"Hmm...there's something oddly comforting about you calling me that now...perhaps it's since I know just how much affection you put behind it...now, let's go, shall we?" Tomoya gladly let the gorgeous woman lead him out, not even noticing the warm smile's directed their way.

Monica sighed lightly, a soft smile on her lips. She felt a warm hand cover hers, and she turned to look at Adell, who was watching her curiously. "What's up, Monica?" Her smile simply grew, and she kissed Adell on the cheek.

"Nothing, just thinking how nice it is, that everyone is finding that special someone, you know?" Adell smiled warmly, and nodded, squeezing her hand a bit.

"Yeah, I know."

~Fin~
Back to top Go down

Just the Way You Are
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Multi-Verse Project :: General Section :: Aviaris Stories-
Jump to: