The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Less Then Nothing(AU, Private)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

Less Then Nothing(AU, Private) Empty
PostSubject: Less Then Nothing(AU, Private)   Less Then Nothing(AU, Private) Empty2017-12-25, 12:26 am

Alissa had only been here for was probably about five days, she wasn't entirely sure since her mind and thoughts were in a fog. Everyday was taken just one at an time and she didn't think about the other details except for what was in front of her. Thinking too much brought her back to what happened to her home and it was something she wanted to avoid at all cost.

She didn't know why they had been attacked, where they came from or if her mother was alive. She had likely perished during the invasion and slaughter, it couldn't have really been considered an war. Though, she wasn't naive not to know what may occur  for those taken, so as much as it pained her to think about, it may have been more merciful she did perish that day.

While she would of normally loved the idea of exploring it there were a number of things impeding on her enjoyment. Besides the obvious lost of her home and loved ones, she was all alone minus her baby sister. She lacked the knowledge she would need and had to rely more on common sense to get through.

She had currency, but it was limited. Staying at a hotel would eat up said funds so instead the two of them ended up staying in one of the abandoned buildings. Thankfully no one harassed them but she didn't naturally entirely feel safe with no a abandoned building but else could she do? Her sister needed some kind of shelter along with her being sick.

At home, the doctors hadn't asked for money to help but here was different. It had been such a nice and peaceful place then this..

Her breath hitched and closed her eyes as she composed herself. Not now.

An small girl laid curled asleep against the older woman, looking more human then Alissa save for the sharp pointed ears signaling their Eldarian heritage.  Alissa didn't know much about their people besides what little her parents spoke about. She hadn't ever met another member of her sister's kind back at home. It didn't matter either way, Pyria would always be her baby sister,

With a weary sigh, she shifted on the worn out couch, covering the blanket she bought for them both.

Pyria woke up slowly the next day.

Her sister was still asleep and not wanting to wake them up, she removed herself quitely from their grasp as she began looking around for various things. Everyone cooped with loss differently and for the young Eldarian her mind had simply shut it out and refused. Daddy was still alive, mommy was fine somewhere and everything was going to be okay.

It was just something that repeated in her young mind, and whether she believed it or not deep down it served its purpose of getting through the day.

She wanted to go back home. The people were mean here or kept to themselves, it wasn't the warm atmosphere she had grown up to them. If she was older and more mature she could of went to as to 'why' such an environment would make such individuals but that wasn't the here or there. Being an Eldarian meant she was smarter then normal, but in the end of the day she was just a six year old girl with limited life experience.

Not finding whatever it was she was looking for Pyria went to wake u Alissa, placing a hand on their shoulder. "Wake up."

Alissa didn't budge from her spot at all despite her efforts and soon a rising tide of panic welled within her. "No, wake up please! Don't leave me too!" She didn't know what else to do she began to sob.

A moment later, a gentle hand went to ruffle her hair as Alissa stirred, looking tired but she was up. "Hey..it's okay..I'm just not feeling well..must have caught something.. Just..give me a minute..need to sleep.." Her voice was softer then normal which had nothing to do with recently waking up.

The older woman closed her eyes again and Pyria exmained them closer, relieved the rise and fall of their chest meant they were okay. It might of been of over reaction, but an more understandbale one in recent events. Alissa was very sick though, that much she knew.

Pyria touched her forehead and was surprised how hot her forehead was. It meant she was sick, probably very sick with how she was acting. That meant whatever she had was something that was recently catching up with her? Maybe.

Mommy got those green herbs for things like this, but they didn't grow here. In fact, the only vegetation of any kind she remembered seeing was small tree's and such. While she didn't know much of anything about this place, she doubted she'd find said herbs anywhere here.

So without that out of the question, she'd have to find an doctor. Alissa would be very mad at her for going out on her own, but she had to do it she felt. It was scary out there but to help, she'd do it.

Sparing one last glance at her sleeping sister as if cementing the fact she was still around, she headed to the door, but found a few things in the way. A part of a couch and a small night stand stood in the way as a make shift blockade; Alissa did it every night for their protection just in case in the old building.

But how was she to get through? She wasn't strong as an adult, but she needed to get through. Her mind was racing trying to find anyway she could possibly get out. Judging by how things were lodged together, she could of possibly slipped through the cracks with her small form but she could do nothing about the couch.

Deciding to dismiss that avenue of helping her sister, she began to look around for something, anything she could use. Pyria's gaze fell on a small crack in the corner, it wasn't big enough for anything to get through but maybe she could?

Deciding to give it a chance, she crouched won and began to crawl, getting her clothes more dirty then what they were at the given time. It was an tight fit but she managed somehow, with a lot of effort, panting and scrape knee's on her part. The pain was distacting, but she had other, more important matters in her small mind.

Now that she was out, she had to be careful to avoid people. She didn't know them and some of them had been mean to her and Alissa so she did her best to remain invisible and be aware of her surroundings. She Had seen an clinic not to far from here, and that's where she headed.

It wasn't an long trek, thankfully and the place was open. There didn't seem to be anyone present, save for a man behind a glass screen. What was it called? An reception area? She didn't know, and she didn't care.

Pyria made a bee line, out of breath as she rushed. "Please help! My sister is sick!"

The man seem unbothered. "Hm..yes, yes I hear it everyday. Now is the sister the same as you and what are they sick with?"

"Um.." Pyria fumbled slightly. "Her forehead is really hot, and she's an Accordian." She was confused why they had asked that. "I have money?" She said, hesistantly, holding up her meager credits to the table, though since she was so short her head din't reach that way.

"An. We'll, I'm afraid that's not enough so I can't help you." The man said dismissively. "If you want to, the local vet is having free checks up and such. I'm sure they'll do fine with it."

An vet? But vets were for animals so why would they suggest that? .Something then clicked in Pyria and she glared  up at them. "Hey! She's an person not an animal!" She said outraged.

"Uh-huh. We'll, I need to have a lunch break. Good luck with your trip small one. This is an business not a charity case." With some button underneath, blinds covered them from view. Pyria heard something mumbled of 'damned bleeding heart knife ears' before they had left.

Pyria was very upset, but there was nothing more she could do with this one so she left, rubbing her eyes and stubbornly refusing to cry. Alissa still needed her help.

Back to top Go down
https://verseproject.forumotion.com
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Less Then Nothing(AU, Private)   Less Then Nothing(AU, Private) Empty2017-12-25, 3:57 pm

Lacey sighed softly, trying to maintain her smile as she wheeled the elderly woman around. "Ma'am, we really aren't supposed to be leaving hospital grounds in the first place, so heading back now really is for the best..."

"Don't you tell me what's best. I'm nearly two-hundred years old, I think I know what is best for me! Now be a dear and take a... left here. I need to pick up a birthday present for my great-granddaughter."

"Y-yes Ma'am... ooh, I hope I don't get fired for this..."

"Of course not! If those idiots try to fire you for helping an sick elderly woman out, I'll raise such a fuss about it that those bastards will be scrambling to give you a raise!" The woman said it with such finality that Lacey couldn't help the returning smile.

"Hehe... of course, Ma'am."

"And enough of this 'Ma'am' crap, call me Andria."

"...Yes, Andria!" Lacey giggled a bit, and took a left at the crosswalk, which brought her to the other side of the street, and right in front of the clinic Pyria had just left.

Less Then Nothing(AU, Private) 4610
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Less Then Nothing(AU, Private)   Less Then Nothing(AU, Private) Empty2017-12-25, 5:33 pm

Pyria wasn't sure what do now. She knew she had to find an doctor, but she didn't know which way to go to or they wouldn't help like the man before. Racking her memory, she tried to recall if there was any other clinics they had passed up but was drawing a blank. Where could she...

The young girl's thoughts grounded an halt as she saw a lady with red hair pushing an older woman, and she had a nurse uniform! Maybe she could help?

After a brief pause, Pyria nervously approached the two. "H-hi..are you an nurse?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Less Then Nothing(AU, Private)   Less Then Nothing(AU, Private) Empty2017-12-25, 5:45 pm

Lacey paused as she saw the girl, while Andria peered at the girl from her chair. "Um, yes I am. Can I help you?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Less Then Nothing(AU, Private)   Less Then Nothing(AU, Private) Empty2017-12-25, 6:13 pm

For a brief moment, Pyria was reminded of her own surrogate grandmother by Andria sitting in place but it was for a short time since she had more to focus on. Her nerves were a bit shot and confidence had taken an dip so it took a moment to form words. "My sister is really, really sick. The man in the clinic said.." Pyria teared up a bit, still upset. "He called her an animal because she's an Acorian and didn't help because I don't have much money. Do..do I need a lot of money? We really don't have much.."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Less Then Nothing(AU, Private)   Less Then Nothing(AU, Private) Empty2017-12-25, 6:19 pm

Lacey blinked in surprise, before her brow furrowed. "...Healthcare does cost money, but nobody can be refused treatment over a lack of money... if you don't have the money, there are ways to help anyway... and besides that, to think that anyone would... Andria, do you mind if-"

"Little girl, it's this clinic here, right? Lacey dear, let's pay them a visit, shall we?"

"You read my mind..." Lacey steered Andria's wheelchair over toward the clinic, and inside to reception desk.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Less Then Nothing(AU, Private)   Less Then Nothing(AU, Private) Empty2017-12-25, 6:58 pm

Pyria wasn't too sure, but she shyly followed after the two just behind the older women. True enough the man behind the screen heard the bell ring as he came in, putting on a business smile. For a very brief moment it faltered on seeing the young girl back in but was gone just as fast. "Ah. What can I do for you today?"

He was trying his best not to leer at Lacey's notable bust size, he had a good impression to make he supposed.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Less Then Nothing(AU, Private)   Less Then Nothing(AU, Private) Empty2017-12-25, 7:23 pm

"Yes... this little girl came in not to long ago, saying she needed help for her sister... you turned her away?"

"Boy, if you don't keep your eyes off her chest I will get out of this chair and beat you with my cane, don't think I won't."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Less Then Nothing(AU, Private)   Less Then Nothing(AU, Private) Empty2017-12-26, 11:05 pm

The man's smile dropped a bit, shifting instead to a more business like demaneour as he focused on the two women in front of him. He wasn't sure why, but the old woman seemed very familar to him but he figured it wasn't important. "Apologies. As to your point, yes I did." He confirmed. "Her sister is an Acorian and while technically they're under the Sentient Race Civil Act, there is an small catch. They're so new that that until all the legal work is finished, I believe that gives me some slight lee way. This is a private, small clinic. In the most dire of conditions, I would have to treat them but the young girl has not provided evidence of that."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Less Then Nothing(AU, Private)   Less Then Nothing(AU, Private) Empty2017-12-26, 11:24 pm

Lacey's eyes widened. "You... you racist bastard... you don't even feel any shame for it, do you..."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Less Then Nothing(AU, Private)   Less Then Nothing(AU, Private) Empty2017-12-27, 2:43 pm

"You can call me what you want, I've been called worse." The man said dismissively to the trio. "As I said, there is a free check up on the nearby vet if she truly wishes to help her sister.." Pyria glowered at the man which he ignored. "Though, IF she's in as bad of a way as she's being made out to be which I doubt, you're wasting time moralizing me when you could be going to help them. You are a nurse, unless the uniform is for show."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Less Then Nothing(AU, Private)   Less Then Nothing(AU, Private) Empty2017-12-27, 6:03 pm

Lacey grit her teeth, before leveling a glare at the man, pointing sharply. "This isn't over..." She turned to Pyria, kneeling down. "Take us to your sister... that's okay right, Andria?"

"Oh, by all means. I'll talk to some friends of mine, see if I can get them to investigate this clinic and the people it employs..."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Less Then Nothing(AU, Private)   Less Then Nothing(AU, Private) Empty2017-12-27, 7:37 pm

Pyria was still upset at the man behind the desk even as they ignored the three going about their business. She still glared at them but the last comment and Lacey kneeling down caught the young girl's attention. Could she trust them?

They had helped her, or tried to and said they were a nurse. She didn't have much of a choice in the matter on that end. "O-okay..I'll..I'll take you there.."

Her mind made up, the Eldarian child lead the two to where she and Alissa had been staying at but was mindful to once again avoid any areas that might be dangerous. Andria reminded her a lot of her surrogate grandmother and Lacey seemed nice so she had extra reason to be careful.

The three arrived at the abadoned building, it was old but otherwise still stable and structucally sound from the outside looking in. "Um..my sister has stuff in the front door, so its hard to move. Are you strong miss Lacey? I only got here cause of a crack in the wall, I can't move it and Alissa is to weak to move around..."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Less Then Nothing(AU, Private)   Less Then Nothing(AU, Private) Empty2017-12-27, 7:49 pm

"Um... I wouldn't call myself strong, but I can certainly try!" Lacey went to the door, and started trying to get through.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Less Then Nothing(AU, Private)   Less Then Nothing(AU, Private) Empty2017-12-27, 8:02 pm

Lacey wasn't strong enough to move everything at once but with some clelver moving she was able to get her way through but it took some time. When Lacey got through, Pyria made a bee line inside after an opening was made to her sleeping sister who was on the couch. She didn't move or wake up even as Pyria grabbed her hand, besides stirring a bit.

She bit her lip, then looked back at Lacey. "Can you help her?"

Another thought. How was she to move them? Andria was here and someone had to move her sister..
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Less Then Nothing(AU, Private)   Less Then Nothing(AU, Private) Empty2018-02-24, 8:35 pm

Lacey hurried over to Alissa, kneeling down next to her, checking her over. She didn't have anything with her to properly diagnose her, but she could see she was clearly very sick. After a long moment, she looked to Pyria. "Sweety, what's your name?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Less Then Nothing(AU, Private)   Less Then Nothing(AU, Private) Empty2018-02-26, 12:34 am

The young Eldarian girl had scuttled over to where Lacey was over seeing her older sister, having to step on her toes for a closer look. For the most part, Alissa appeared to be fine, if a bit more pale though she was still breathing all right at least.

"My name is Pyria." She answered. "What are your names?"

She heard Lacey, but mommy always said it was polite to introduce yourself.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Less Then Nothing(AU, Private)   Less Then Nothing(AU, Private) Empty2018-03-01, 7:35 pm

"My name is Lacey Kurzwell, and that's Andria. She's a guest at our hospital... do you mind if I call my younger brother and have him come here? I trust him completely, and he's stronger than me so he can help us get your sister to the hospital, okay?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Less Then Nothing(AU, Private)   Less Then Nothing(AU, Private) Empty2018-03-02, 12:52 pm

For a brief moment, a conflicted look showed on the young girl's face. She wanted her big sister to help but she wasn't sure if she should get them there. Miss Lacey had been very nice so far and had even come all this way to help so it should be all right? She just worried due to the fact she didn't know much about this planet.

"O-okay.." She said, after biting her lip. "You promise you won't let anyone hurt her?"
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Less Then Nothing(AU, Private)   Less Then Nothing(AU, Private) Empty2018-03-02, 7:03 pm

Lacey frowned, placing a hand gently on Pyria's shoulder. "I promise that I will do everything I can to make sure that your sister is safe and regains her health. And that you stay safe as well."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Less Then Nothing(AU, Private)   Less Then Nothing(AU, Private) Empty2018-03-02, 7:20 pm

After a bit longer, the little girl nodded. "Okay..just call them over so they can come soon please." She wasn't sure what would happen but as long as they got Alissa taken care, she was fine with it.
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Less Then Nothing(AU, Private)   Less Then Nothing(AU, Private) Empty2018-03-13, 7:11 pm

Lacey nodded softly, pulling out her phone and dialing. After a moment, the other end was picked up. "...Lucas? Hey, are you busy? I need you to come help me with something. I have a sick woman here, and I need someone with, you know... physical strength.... yeah. M'kay, so this is where I need you to go..." She relayed the address, before hanging up. "Okay, Pyria, my brother will be here in about 10 minutes. Until then... I should have something called an instant ice pack in my bag. Pull it out, shake it until it starts to get cold, then wrap it in a cloth that's also in my bag. Then put that on your sister's forehead. It'll help relieve her fever a bit, while I try to move some of the stuff blocking the door, okay?"
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Less Then Nothing(AU, Private)   Less Then Nothing(AU, Private) Empty2018-03-14, 1:44 am

The young Eldarian girl waited patiently, biting her lip from time to time as she held off bothering Lacey as she talked to her brother. It took a bit more for the little girl not to pester Lacey due to the fact her worry for her elder sister ovrided most of everything else at the given time.

So when the nurse offered them a chance to help, Pyria leapt on it. "Okay! I can do that, I think." She wandered over to the bag, looking through it until she found a ice pack. Once done, she did as instructed shaking it until it got cold enough so she could actually use it.

Once done, she placed it on Alissa's forehead, backing up after. She didn't say anything, merely watching her older sister sleep away. A bit longer and Alissa stirred, cracking open her eyes with a groan as the light hit her face.

"You're awake!" Pyria exclamed, going to hug them.

Alissa winced slightly, but half heartedly hugged them. "Not so loud kiddo..really..tired.." She then took stock of Lacey. "..A nurse?" It didn't look like she was moved, though..

Pyria nodded happily. "Yep! I found them outside. Her brother is gonna come and get you to the hospital."

"Mm.." Alissa said idly, conserving her remaining strength. "...Thanks for helping us.."
Back to top Go down
Aviaris_Sevanthis
Admin
Aviaris_Sevanthis

PostSubject: Re: Less Then Nothing(AU, Private)   Less Then Nothing(AU, Private) Empty2018-03-14, 8:15 am

Lacey knelt down again, smiling softly. "Hello, Alissa. My name is Lacey Kurzwell, I am a nurse at a nearby hospital. I was escorting one of our patients for some errands she wished to run when I ran into your sister." She gently placed a hand on Pyria's head. "She's very brave. Anyway, how are you feeling? Can you tell me anything about what is wrong? If not that's fine."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Less Then Nothing(AU, Private)   Less Then Nothing(AU, Private) Empty2018-03-14, 11:02 pm

Pyria didn't mind the head pat, she was just happy her sister was at least conscious and talking. She wasn't exactly well, but of course just the fact they weren't unconscious put the young girl at much more considerable ease. In her mind, she already lost her parents so anything that resembled like Alissa was in trouble or risk of dying made them panic a bit.

"Thank you miss Lacey. But you're brave too! You came all the way here."
Pyria said to Lacey. "It's not a safe area, bad I think, from what Alissa said."

"Could be worse..." Alissa sighed, moving so she was sitting up right instead laying down, the blankets old and worn still covering them. "Not good. My stomach feels like something is it and I feel pretty weak and tired."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Less Then Nothing(AU, Private)   Less Then Nothing(AU, Private) Empty

Back to top Go down

Less Then Nothing(AU, Private)
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next