The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Miracle for the Sleeping Coffin

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

A Miracle for the Sleeping Coffin - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Miracle for the Sleeping Coffin   A Miracle for the Sleeping Coffin - Page 5 Empty2016-01-14, 1:39 am

"In the fridge at the bottom corner you can find some. I don't have much at the moment..though I suppose I should."
She hated vegetables as a child and still now, she only ate some because grudgingly there were health benefits for it.

"I'll see about the metal work later then. They do need some extra help, and if you have the skills they'll definitely be all right with it."
She was vouching for them, and in her personal circle that naturally meant a lot. Yasuko liked to consider herself a fairly good judge of character of people so hopefully after usually being somewhat right she wasn't wrong now.

After a moment she spoke again. "Miyori, Admari..if you don't mind me asking what were your homes dimensions like? Was it anything like here?"
Back to top Go down
https://verseproject.forumotion.com
o0m-9

o0m-9

PostSubject: Re: A Miracle for the Sleeping Coffin   A Miracle for the Sleeping Coffin - Page 5 Empty2016-01-19, 7:04 am

Admari rolled his eyes at Miyori. "I can see the cans Casper, but most people don't keep lettuce in their cabinets, seein' as it tends to rot, bein' mostly water," he deadpanned as he opened up the fridge. He knelt in front of the fridge and popped open the 'crisper' drawer. "I'll be honest Ms. Yasuko, you've got more than I would if Quartz wasn't so picky. But then I can eat pretty much whatever I want, so I guess that's not a fair comparison."

Quartz skipped over to Admari as Yasuko asked about home, ready to make a quip about his metabolism until she saw the dark look on his face. She looked away before he finished digging through the fridge and pretended she had been trying to peer over his shoulder to see what else might have been in the fridge. When Admari turned around it was as if nothing had happened.

"This enough, Quartz?" he asked, holding up a bag of romaine lettuce, a bag of baby carrots, and a small package of grape tomatoes.

Quartz nodded. "Yeah, 's plenty. You need me to make a bowl?"

"If you could." Admari placed the goods on the counter and pulled out his pocketknife; a short utilitarian thing with a blue handle and a Bowie-styled blade. He left it the counter as he unbagged the lettuce. As soon as he had the plastic off Quartz had formed a white bowl on the counter top. Admari went through the preparation silently, letting Miyori talk while he worked. Once the lettuce had been peeled off its base and laid in the bowl, he went about halfing a fair number of the grape tomatoes with his knife, and then sectioning out the carrots. Once he was happy with those, he found a stray apple on the counter and sectioned it off too, scattering apple slices into the bowl.

Quartz frowned at the back of her dad's head. He didn't have to cut up all her food like that. She was practically an herbivore by nature, with the teeth to prove it and she knew he knew that. He was giving himself busywork, she imagined. Yasuko's question about home had bugged him hard and he was trying to distract himself. Not that it took him very long, he was an expert with his pocketknife.

"All good?" Admari asked, wiping the juice from the knife onto his jacket's sleeve before clicking it closed.

Quartz nodded as she floated the bowl over to herself, careful to avoid knocking the 'tail' hanging from it's base into anyone, lest the container shatter. She sat down next to Admari's legs and began eating with her hands, munching absentmindedly and stealing looks up at her dad when he wasn't looking. Miyori had said whatever she'd wanted to a while ago. Admari had let the conversation drop flat, opting instead to fidget with his knife, opening and closing it with an odd look on his face.

Quartz looked back down at her lunch. It was basically gone, just a leaf of lettuce and half a grape tomato left. She stole a look at her dad to make sure he wasn't looking before picking up the last tomato and smearing its juice over the bottom portion of her face. She finished the last leaf of lettuce before dispersing the barrier spell forming the bowl.

Putting on the most innocent look she could muster, she tugged on Admari’s sleeve. “Dad, I kinda got some tomato on my face...” she said in her best ‘embarrassed little girl’ voice.

Admari’s dour expression vanished instantly. “Aw Quartz. What am I gunna do with you? One sec, I’ll get you a towel.”

Quartz didn’t let go of his sleeve. “Dad, could you maybe do it…?”

“Aw c’mon Quartz. You’re a big girl, I’m pretty sure you can handle wiping off your own face.”

Quartz pulled out her last resort, the puppy dog eyes. “Please dad? This once?”

Admari made a face. “Aw, all right. If you want it that bad. Hold still,” he said as he knelt down in front of her and began wiping the juice off with the end of his jacket sleeve. Just as he finished, Qaurtz pushed past his hand and enveloped him in a hug.

Admari experienced a moment of clarity just then. All the old thoughts about home flew away. Quartz was here. Home was here now. He couldn’t lose sight of that. Not now. He gave her a reassuring squeeze before letting the hug go and standing back up.

“Sorry Ms. Yasuko, I believe you asked me a question,” he began. “Well, I guess I’ll start with Quartz’s. The Twilit Kingdom is… likely very different from here. It’s flat, for starters, and has a definite edge. There also aren’t any humans there, or human-like races, really. The closest thing would be the dogmen or minotaurs, I’d guess. Magic is woven into pretty much everything.

“My old world was much closer to this one, I’d think. Though there weren’t any magical races, and magic was extinct by the time I was born. No one even believed in it anymore. Only sapient race was humans. We didn’t have elves or orcs or dragons or anything else, just humans and non-magical animals. It was also behind this one in tech by… I’d guess a century? Give or take a few decades, I guess. I don’t have a lot to go on yet. Other than that it feels mostly the same. There was even a Nobus guy who recognized some movies Quartz and I talked about.”

He didn’t mention it was also dead. Or dying. It didn’t matter anymore. He couldn’t let it. Not now. He could deal with it later, when he had a job and they had a permanent home. For now all he had to do was look after Quartz. He could do that.
Back to top Go down
Aeir / Number III

Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: A Miracle for the Sleeping Coffin   A Miracle for the Sleeping Coffin - Page 5 Empty2016-01-19, 3:04 pm

Miyori hm'd, taking her turn to speak while Admari distracted himself and failed at hiding his melancholy, "I'd guess you're referring to before everyone and everything mysteriously died for reasons indiscernible, leading to a wasteland of dust and empty Earth that grew only more and more desolate as the remains of the past crumbled away over the centuries that Eien-chan walked the Earth, ne?" She said it flippantly, but she was far from as unfeeling toward the events as her tone implied. Her own inability to halt any of it aside, she suspected strongly that it was her own actions which caused that rapid degradation. And, by proxy, her friend's many, many fruitless years wandering the Earth. Well, having been in the afterlife a while, it was mostly the latter which upset her at this point. The Earth had died, but the souls of its people simply moved on.

"Before the end, though... Well, I'm not sure where technology lied yet. I haven't seen enough. But, speaking from an educated viewpoint, I'd say we're almost on par. We didn't have hover-cars, but with the advent of abundant clean energy that was only a matter of time. We made the same mistakes, I imagine, but the world was being cleansed. The streets of my home - you might not believe it was part of Tokyo with how... pure everything felt. It was almost like one of those sterile, future utopias from a movie... On the surface, at least. But really, there were wars. There was politics. Crime. Etc. etc. I imagine it's the same everywhere, potential scale of the everyday threat aside." She fell silent then, giving Yasuko a chance to speak and idly observing the blatant [to her, at least] emotional manipulation being executed by Admari's daughter.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Miracle for the Sleeping Coffin   A Miracle for the Sleeping Coffin - Page 5 Empty2016-02-02, 3:13 pm

Yasuko hadn't meant to dig at old wounds and instantly began to regret even having asked, granted there was no way she could have known. "..I see. I'm sorry to you both, I didn't mean to bring up any painful memories. And just Yasuko is fine, I'm.." She paused. "..We'll I guess I am sort of old but there's no need to be that formal with me."
Back to top Go down
o0m-9

o0m-9

PostSubject: Re: A Miracle for the Sleeping Coffin   A Miracle for the Sleeping Coffin - Page 5 Empty2016-02-04, 4:26 am

Admari's cheeks reddened just a bit. "Ah, no. I'm sorry, I don't mean it like that. My parents drilled in the manners stuff pretty early." He laughed awkwardly. "I call pretty much everyone over twenty 'sir' or 'ma'am.' It just part of old Southern Hospitality. But I'll try and stop if you don't like it miss-" he caught himself, clenching his jaw before cocking his head to the side and putting on a half smile. "See? I almost did it again. But I'll learn."

"Eventually," Quartz broke in. 

"Well, yeah. Oh. And don't sweat it about me bein' a downer. It's just... been a really long day. Well, long week, but you get the picture." Admari gave a weak smile before his stomach grumbled loudly. "Well... I guess that's my cue." He began sifting through the different canned foods, eventually settling on one labeled 'ravioli.' He held the can up for Yasuko to see. "I just add water and heat it up, right? Simple as?"
Back to top Go down
Aeir / Number III

Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: A Miracle for the Sleeping Coffin   A Miracle for the Sleeping Coffin - Page 5 Empty2016-02-20, 11:10 pm

Miyori waved off Yasuko's apology. She was far from offended and, in all honesty, equally interested in the answer to that question herself. Admari's unconscious insistence on politeness made her smile, as it reminded her of Keishin, but for once she remained silent.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Miracle for the Sleeping Coffin   A Miracle for the Sleeping Coffin - Page 5 Empty2016-02-29, 11:00 pm

Yasuko was relieved she hadn't poked something she shouldn't have, though part of her still felt perhaps it was something that she shouldn't have brought up. It was probably just her over thinking it though but she couldn't help it.

The Nosferartu smiled but shook her head at the last part. "If that's what you're comfortable with Admari, I don't mind. Miss works, I was a Mrs. but that was years ago. And correct. That's all there is to it. The only downside is sometimes the taste may be slightly off at times." She wouldn't go too much into things if asked, but she was all right with a brief abridged version she supposed.
Back to top Go down
o0m-9

o0m-9

PostSubject: Re: A Miracle for the Sleeping Coffin   A Miracle for the Sleeping Coffin - Page 5 Empty2016-03-11, 1:54 am

Quartz rolled her eyes. "Dad pretty much lives off freezer food. If it's just 'slightly off' it might as well be gourmet," she said, giving Admari a smug look. 

"Keep rolling your eyes like that and they'll roll right out their sockets, Quartz. Fair warning," he shot back in a deadpan as he pulled the tab on his can. "'Sides, if you wunna smack-talk on diet stuff, I'm not the one who snuck across the street to eat Mrs. Lynn's tulips."

Quartz turned a deeper shade of pink. "That was one time," she murmured. "She didn't want 'em eaten she shouldn'tah planted them out in her front yard," she said as she fidgeted with her fingers. 

As Quartz sulked, Admari managed to find a clean bowl without too much rummaging and was already adding the water to his instant meal. Watching the food rehydrate was... odd. The contents of the can had gone from a dry, unappetizing mess to something that could have come straight out of a kitchen. Bewildered, Admari skipped the heating stage and took a bite, using his knife as an impromptu fork. 

"Oh," he muttered in surprise. "It's cheese. How'd I miss that?"

Quartz went bug-eyed. "Dad, don't eat off that stupid knife! That's gross. And you could cut your tongue!"

Admari took another bite just to spite her. "C'mon Quartz," he said around the blade in between his teeth. "I've done much more dangerous things than eat with a pocket knife. I think I can handle it." 

Quartz didn't buy it. As soon as the knife was out of his mouth she had snatched it in a telekinetic field and floated it well above his head. "I'm not gunna sit around and let you be stupid. Eat with a fork like a normal person." Quartz crossed her arms and tapped a hoof like a disapproving school teacher. 

Admari sighed. "Alright, alright," he relented. "Mi-" he caught himself. "Yasuko, where do you keep your silverware?"
Back to top Go down
Aeir / Number III

Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: A Miracle for the Sleeping Coffin   A Miracle for the Sleeping Coffin - Page 5 Empty2016-04-03, 4:11 pm

"Probably in that drawer," Miyori guessed, pointing to a drawer that seemed likely due to a couple of factors.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Miracle for the Sleeping Coffin   A Miracle for the Sleeping Coffin - Page 5 Empty2016-04-25, 2:52 pm

Admari and his daughter dynamic was a bit different then she was used to far as parent and child interaction went, but not something she hadn't ever witnessed before. Her interactions with Cho were a lot different though she had been notably younger in addition to everything else. Though her daughter and the rest of her family may have been long gone didn't mean she dwell on it. Even still there was sometimes the bitter sweet nostalgia from time to time when seeing parents interact with their children or husbands and wives walking side by side.

Her musings were interrupted when she noted Admari with the knife just between his teeth as he took a experimental bite of his food. Even if it wasn't a physical threat to him, her first urge was to ask him to please use a fork--or anything else that didn't involve a deadly object. Quartz did stop him though which gave her a mental sigh of relief.

"Miyori is right. You'll have what you need there."
Before she could continue, she heard the faint doorbell ring from across the house. "Excuse me."

Back to top Go down
o0m-9

o0m-9

PostSubject: Re: A Miracle for the Sleeping Coffin   A Miracle for the Sleeping Coffin - Page 5 Empty2016-05-18, 11:15 pm

Admari offered a wave as Yasuko left. As soon as she was out the door he turned to face Miyori and Quartz. "And then there were two and a halfling."

Quartz piped up immediately. "So you've finally come to terms with your gigantism?" she quipped. 

"You're the halfling, smart alec," Admari shot back as he pulled open the silverware drawer and extracted a fork. 

"But you're the only one with massive, hairy feet."

"Only because you don't technically have feet," Admari said as he took another bite of his ravioli. He paused for a moment, trying to decide if it was worth the trouble to heat his dinner. With a half-hearted shrug, he decided it was fine as-is and took another bite. 

Admari leaned against the counter and gave Miyori a look that could almost be considered flirty. "So... how's your day been?" he asked in a cheeky tone of voice as he took another bite.
Back to top Go down
Aeir / Number III

Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: A Miracle for the Sleeping Coffin   A Miracle for the Sleeping Coffin - Page 5 Empty2016-05-19, 12:41 am

"Oh, you know," The grinning ghost returned flippantly, "translocated due to unexplainable cosmic phenomena, stalking the living, getting caught, rushed through customs in record time, talking to people... More interesting than any other day in the past..." She placed her finger to her chin, "Hm. Well, a long time. Of course, this has just been the morning. Who knows what else could happen?"

Eternity didn't do anything to impede the visitor given they weren't showing any overt signs of mischief, though she did turn in place to track them as they approached the door, just in case.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Miracle for the Sleeping Coffin   A Miracle for the Sleeping Coffin - Page 5 Empty2016-05-27, 10:33 pm

The young woman looked relatively normal save for the pointed ears that made them stand out a bit more. They didn't notice Eternity at first until they got closer and began to move...in which direction she was going. It was making them uncomfortable.

The door opened mere moments after before, Yasuko peering at the guest before reconition hit her. "This is a surprise, but a good one. Nice to see you again Vanya."

"Sorry for being a while I got busy. Um, who is your new friend?"

Pausing briefly the vampiress turned to the android then back. "Her name is Eternity, she's staying along with two others."

"Ah. Okay."
It seemed the girl was a bit shy but was warming up a bit. "My name is Vanya Pirethe, its nice to meet you?"
Back to top Go down
o0m-9

o0m-9

PostSubject: Re: A Miracle for the Sleeping Coffin   A Miracle for the Sleeping Coffin - Page 5 Empty2016-06-02, 10:21 pm

"What else could happen?" Admari echoed. "I'm still too busy marvelin' at the fact we were actually rushed through customs to think ahead at the moment. Prob'ly the second strangest thing that's ever happened to me."

Quartz's ears perked up. "What was the first?" 

"Lucid dreaming while someone else was in my head," he answered in a deadpan as he took another bite of his lunch breakfast ravioli. 

"You mean those talks you used to have with Night?" Quartz tilted her head a little as she thought about it. "Yeah. That would be kinda weird."

Admari pursed his lips as his brain backtracked. "It really is only midmornin', isn't it? Gah." He paused to rub the bags underneath his eyes. "I'm gunna be jet-lagged to all heck. It was seven A.M. back home when me n' Quartz left." 

Quartz nuzzled into her dad's side, affectionately. "Just means we have a long day to get used to everything and a really good night's sleep when we're settled in." 

"Mhm," Admari mumbled tiredly as he bit down on his last piece of pasta. "But sometimes I do pine for the days where I didn't get tired. Though I guess that's a bit of 'the grass is greener,' eh, Ms. Miyrori?"
Back to top Go down
Aeir / Number III

Aeir / Number III

PostSubject: Re: A Miracle for the Sleeping Coffin   A Miracle for the Sleeping Coffin - Page 5 Empty2016-06-26, 11:53 pm

"I have no reason to miss getting tired," Miyori returned, having navigated behind Vanya at some point for reasons arcane (...and yet obvious), "as I was and am quite an industrious woman... but sleep was nice on occasion."
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Miracle for the Sleeping Coffin   A Miracle for the Sleeping Coffin - Page 5 Empty2016-06-30, 1:44 pm

One would expect Vanya to be startled, which is what happened. What was less expected was a bit of what came after after being taken off guard.

"Aiieh!"
She yelled, jumping a clear twenty feet into the air and a nearby tree.

Yasuko sighed from a number of things. "Please don't do that, you'll give Vanya a stroke. Vanya this is just another guest of mine they don't mean any harm."

Slightly embarrassed the young woman dropped down from her spot onto her feet without stumbling or taking any sign of injury despite the fall.
Back to top Go down
o0m-9

o0m-9

PostSubject: Re: A Miracle for the Sleeping Coffin   A Miracle for the Sleeping Coffin - Page 5 Empty2016-08-02, 1:42 am

Admari shrugged as Miyori floated away and out of the kitchen. "Maybe it's a circumstantial thing..." he mumbled as he placed his bowl in the sink.

"Wonder who's at the door?" Qaurtz mused as she looked at the spot on the wall Miyori had passed through.

"Dunno, but we'll prob-" A scream cut him off. The two of them sprinted full-tilt out of the kitchen. Admari had to catch himself on the front door's frame to keep himself from sailing into the front yard. "What's going-" His words caught in his throat as he watched a very buxom woman drop sheepishly from a nearby tree. "...on?" 

Beside him, Quartz tried valiantly to contain her own laughter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Miracle for the Sleeping Coffin   A Miracle for the Sleeping Coffin - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Miracle for the Sleeping Coffin
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Multi-Verse Project :: Earth Realm :: Elsewhere :: Other Loations :: Nexus City-
Jump to: