The Multi-Verse Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Multi-Verse Project

A multi crossover and fusion site. If just for a visit or for something long term, there' s a bit of something for everyone.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Soul Stat

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
N-III

The Soul Stat Empty
PostSubject: The Soul Stat   The Soul Stat Empty2014-09-09, 5:18 pm

So... the stats all have qualifiers that give a sense of scale to go with the number. The Soul stat doesn't have anything like that. How much is '1' point in it? 10? 100? I have no frame of reference.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

The Soul Stat Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Soul Stat   The Soul Stat Empty2014-09-09, 6:40 pm

I may do a bit of tweaking with it, but its basically just durability except for exotic attacks. For example if say someone has 100 in magic and the spell is 'turn someone into a frog'. If they have 100 durability but like 5-10 Soul then they wouldn't be able to resist/no sell it.

It scales the same as durability. It's just durability of a different kind. Think of it like 'internal' damage is another way of looking at it.

If there are any other questions or concerns I'll get to them when I can. For reference, besides the Soul stat everything else makes sense right? The people who use the stat system have no problem with it, but its just been between friends so feedback doesn't hurt.
Back to top Go down
https://verseproject.forumotion.com
N-III

The Soul Stat Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Soul Stat   The Soul Stat Empty2014-09-09, 7:06 pm

Sion Reaver wrote:
I may do a bit of tweaking with it, but its basically just durability except for exotic attacks. For example if say someone has 100 in magic and the spell is 'turn someone into a frog'. If they have 100 durability but like 5-10 Soul then they wouldn't be able to resist/no sell it.

It scales the same as durability. It's just durability of a different kind. Think of it like 'internal' damage is another way of looking at it.

I see. So Durability and Soul scale equivalently. Except I would expect Soul numbers to be significantly higher, because Durability plateaus out pretty low for non divine characters. For the sake of non-circle people trying to use this, you might want to mention that. I've made and seen quite a few templates; including a user guide with examples for every paremeter is really helpful to people interested in joining. It may seem redundant, but there are seriously people out there that have trouble feeling in fields as simple as 'Name, Race, Bio.'

Then again maybe it's just coddling.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to this. Yes, the Soul stat makes sense for its function - it's basically Willpower / Spiritual Fortitude. Ofc, this does bring something else up; Durability negates damage at a 1:1 ratio? Odd considering it usually functions as a percentage, but it makes sense when one considers that damage itself reflects... ludicrous scaling, honestly. 100 damage is something like the force of a tactical missile so... yeah.
Back to top Go down
Sion Reaver
Admin
Sion Reaver

The Soul Stat Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Soul Stat   The Soul Stat Empty2014-09-09, 7:24 pm

No its a valid concern, thanks for bringing it up. I thought it was explained well enough but apparently not so something to fix.

Honestly, the stat system needs a bit of rehauling as is. I suspected it perhaps but since its two(we'll three with someone else I asked about it) then there may be something. It was a rough draft from long ago I should have been on a long time ago. Though what do you mean plateua pretty low for non divine characters? May be my fault again, but with the system it goes up planerary+ and even much higher levels of power at the end game thing.

Notice when it refers to damage output? The durability scales to match as well otherwise everyone would be getting one-shotted at really high levels.
Back to top Go down
https://verseproject.forumotion.com
N-III

The Soul Stat Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Soul Stat   The Soul Stat Empty2014-09-09, 7:35 pm

Sion Reaver wrote:
Though what do you mean plateua pretty low for non divine characters? May be my fault again, but with the system it goes up planerary+ and even much higher levels of power at the end game thing.

What I meant was that a mundane human typically can't get above 10 (bodyarmor.) From there it depends on the way they've trained or what their powers are. To elaborate; a mundane human that can't take many hits may have ferocious willpower anyway. A superhuman that can take incredible damage is EXPECTED to have ferocious willpower. So Soul is expected to be high across the board, generally speaking, for any sort of fighter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Soul Stat Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Soul Stat   The Soul Stat Empty

Back to top Go down

The Soul Stat
Page 1 of 1